• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

Adapting SCS (straight thru case) to Powerglide

Roy_Hobbs

Has anyone attempted, thought about, or accomplished making a direct bolt up adapter for a powerglide to the SCS straight thru case? Im not too crazy about this coupler SCS is selling, with all the twisting, flexing of frame with crawling seems like this would bind up. If i cant make an adapter, was thinking about fixed yokes with a u-joint, to me this way seem much more reliable and forgiving. Any thoughts or advice would be appreciated.

I'm using the same setup and plan to have a short driveshaft made between the shorty power glide and SCS. This will also give me a little more play in positioning the case in the buggy. Keep me posted on your build

If you've got a good frame and solid mount your motor, transmission, and t case you shouldn't have any problem. Their coupler is really short and compact, and their input on the transfer case is so big your not going to be able to mate them up without some kind of spud shaft so really their is no difference in having some sort of mount made anyways.