• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

Adding disk brakes to 14bolt

gdf

ROLL TIDE
What is the set-up everybody is using to convert the 14bolt drum brakes over to disk brakes.....ie....Brackets rotors calipers need all the info i can get.....Thanks guys !!!!

brake rotors from a '73-'87 GM 3/4T front axle and calipers from a '73-'87 1/2 or 3/4T front. i use a bracket made by ruffstuff, but there are other co. out there that use same rotor and calipers. :****:

speedway motors sells formed weld on disc brake brackets that are cheaper, nicer, and lighter than all the big thick ones that the 4x shops sell.

http://www.speedwaymotors.com/Weld-On-1969-77-GM-Mid-size-Caliper-Bracket,3346.html

it says they use "Mid size GM car calipers" which is the same as a D44 caliper.

I've got a set mocked up on a Ford 9" with a stock front rotor, but I'm sure you could use them on a 14 bolt.

91641005_R.jpg

civicmindedex79 said:
GUBNI kits are very nice.
I bought mine off ebay from a place in memphis. All bolt on no welding. That was before I knew bout gubni kits.

yeah i think im going that route :dblthumb:

ibrokeit said:
By the time I pieced mine all together, I ended up wishing I would have just ordered what I needed from GubNi. Good guy.

Thanks guys. I keep them in stock and ready to go. I ship by priority mail so it only takes a couple days to get them.

Re: Re: Re: Adding disk brakes to 14bolt

gubni said:
Thanks guys. I keep them in stock and ready to go. I ship by priority mail so it only takes a couple days to get them.

Do you have anything for a rear Dodge D70? Id be looking for a complete kit, or at least the info of what rotors/calipers/misc stuff id need.

Thanks for any info...im trying to educate myself as best i can on this "ton stuff".

I also have an 03 superduty front D60 if u have any info on that axle.

(all not installed yet)

For the dana 70 rear you will need to use a weld on bracket. The calipers and rotors are the same 80s 3/4 ton 4x4 front as 14 bolt. The weld on kit is $300 shipped. Your front axle has metric lug pattern which is different than rear. If it were me Id get an older kingpin front axle.

Re: Re: Re: Adding disk brakes to 14bolt

gubni said:
Your front axle has metric lug pattern which is different than rear. If it were me Id get an older kingpin front axle.
I tried...but everyone want 1000$ for one. This one was 200$

I was told that Spidertrax will redrill the unit bearings to 8*6.5 for 50$ a side

Latest posts