• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

Aetna Mtn. Sub division side parking

TacomaJD

I LIKE CHEAP STUFF.....
Can anyone confirm whether or not you are still able to park anywhere on the sub division side of Aetna Mtn? If parking isn't allowed, is it possible to drive through and on up the mtn if you were to park somewhere else like say, Walmart? That's where I park at anyways. I know the rumor that they are gonna shut parking down on the sub division side has been floating around for several years, but I heard from someone the other day that had actually spoken with someone that went up there recently and said the security gaurd wasn't letting anybody in on the sub division side whatsoever.

I pretty sure my truck will be back together tonight and I was planning on going to Aetna tomorrow if at all possible. It's an hour drive for me up there, so I'd hate to get up there and that douchebag security gaurd not let me through or something.

Let me know, any info is appreciated!

there is no more parking at sub division the last time we went up there which was about a month ago there was a cop sitting at the entrance so dont know really if you can drive in or not

Thanks gprater, that's exactly what I had heard. I wanted to hear it from someone else though. That sucks ass....guess I'm gonna have to become a keyholder one day so I can go in on the lease side. The bad thing about being a keyholder is you can't just get a big ride up with all your friends and invite everyone unless they are all keyholders. Sure ppl can ride in or on the vehicle with a keyholder, but in order to drive something in on the lease side, I understand you have to be a keyholder.

Scott, you guys gonna be down there all weekend? I have been seriously considering making the trip down if I can get my buddy to go with me....and if my truck gets finished tonight and I try it out and it checks out ok. Ain't there some kind of big buggy get together or some **** goin on down there? If my truck gets done and my buddy that's been working on it wants to go, I'm in. I want him to go with me cuz he's the one that's been working on my truck for me and will help me out if something else ****s up on it....which after replacing pretty much everything on the front end except axles and gears, it better not break or tear up for a long damn while lol

redneckengineered said:
It's a yearly commitment for WeRock and it runs April to April every year which keeps out the riff raff mostly but isn't too good for those out of towners that only ride there a few times a year. And, there's no temporary or day passes.

^^^ Exactly... I ride there quite often, as do alot of my friends...but alot of the times I ride with different friends cuz some of them can't make it everytime. That's why it's so difficult and complicated as far as having to be a keyholder to drive something through on the WeRock side. It would be fine if ALL my friends I ride with were keyholders...but there's alot of them that don't ride enough a year to justify paying $200 a year to ride up there....especially it being an hour away from us too.

My crawler is street legal so that's no issue, but we usually have alot of atv's and side by sides that go with us...so they would need somewhere to park. Then you have to take in the fact that I never leave Aetna sober...and I don't want any attention like that being drawn to myself so looks like I'm gonna have to get some ppl motivated to buy in on the lease...dammit..

I didn't know. They invited us to come over and go up their side for our Media Run we had there in January. I thought they were charging everyone else a fee for the day?

Sometimes on days of big rides or get togethers, like when all the big boys like cole worx and tim cameron are gonna be there...they let ppl pay and park over there, but it's on their time, not yours. They have to want to open it up for anyone to pay to park there...not just hollar at em one weekend when you're ready to ride unfortunately. Aetna is such a badass place to ride...and by not riding in through the sub division side, I will miss alot of trails and smaller obstacles that I always enjoyed on the way in....now I'm depressed. lol

Guys they have finally done it my buddys went up to the entrance and they had a line of trucks stopped and the cops where handing out tickets for anything they could find wrong with you or your vehicle my buddys all three got tickets for not having a tag on theyre trailers $189.00 each and they said the cop was a real asshole.From what he said there was a senator that lives in that area that somebody ran thru his yard and tore it up and he demanded the police get up there and confiscate theyre vehicles and write tickets and stop everybody from being up there. Now I cant blame him for being pissed whoever the dickhead was that tore his yard up just ruined everything for thousands of people.Looks like it has finally broke the camels back.I just wish werock would allow people to pay to park instead of 200 a year I dont know about yall but thats more than I will prolly be able to go up there and use it.Hell I wouldnt mind payin 20 bucks each time I go just to have access to the mountain. Well whats everybody think?

You need to contact Jerry Lee Perkins he owns Werock,don't have his number but he lives in Rossvile,can get his number if you want me to.

When they got home they looked it up on the internet and they dont have a utility trailer tag law they re going to take the tickets to the lawyer

It was just a matter of time. If I had a million dollar home I can't say I wouldn want a bunch of drunk hooligans tracking mud through my neighborhood every weekend either. There are other ways in besides the sub and lease but not much for trailer parking. I was headed up yesterday when my buddy called and said they weren't letting people in or out and ticket were being written. It's happened before and hopefully in a week or two we'll be back to going in that way.

We was there saturday and a guy said there was cops there but i dont know we went in thru the lease side

stanthaman said:
Guys they have finally done it my buddys went up to the entrance and they had a line of trucks stopped and the cops where handing out tickets for anything they could find wrong with you or your vehicle my buddys all three got tickets for not having a tag on theyre trailers $189.00 each and they said the cop was a real asshole.From what he said there was a senator that lives in that area that somebody ran thru his yard and tore it up and he demanded the police get up there and confiscate theyre vehicles and write tickets and stop everybody from being up there. Now I cant blame him for being pissed whoever the dickhead was that tore his yard up just ruined everything for thousands of people.Looks like it has finally broke the camels back.I just wish werock would allow people to pay to park instead of 200 a year I dont know about yall but thats more than I will prolly be able to go up there and use it.Hell I wouldnt mind payin 20 bucks each time I go just to have access to the mountain. Well whats everybody think?

I agree, they could make some jack letting ppl in and paying $15 or $20 a day to ride. I'd pay it....I love riding at Aetna. Damn drunken hooligans and their shananigans. :dunno:

I wish I owned some land a the bottom of that mountain I would only work there on weekends takin up money for parking and access to the mountain.

You'd prolly make enough to quit work lol. Damn that pisses me off that we can't ride up there anymore. That's my favorite place to ride at. Sooooo many trails and all types of terrain.