• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

affordable polarized shades?

Coasta'a squeeze my fat head and give me a headache. I found a apir of Hobie's in teh parking lot of the marina and kept those till i wore them out. I'm a boat mechanic and i'm on the water every day. I loved those Hobie's. I went to buy another pair and they were discontinued. After looking thru their catalog, it seemed they were going down in price with the newer product. I was in costco one day and noticed they had Hobies, they were less than $50 each. I wore those till they fell apart while I was on vacation. I ended up picking up pair of Black Tips at West marine, they were $40 and are decent lens, they don't look as good as the Hobies, but they work for now

Stealths came. They're way too small for my fat ****ing head. I guess that rules Maxx out because its their largest frame.

patooyee said:
Stealths came. They're way too small for my fat ****ing head. I guess that rules Maxx out because its their largest frame.

Dang, I'm sorry man. I hate that. I thought for sure if they'd fit my head they'd fit yours.

hokie_yj said:
Dang, I'm sorry man. I hate that. I thought for sure if they'd fit my head they'd fit yours.

No problem. They're easily returned. But you know what I'm dealing with now. :)

I only buy my sunglasses at TJ Max. I think I paid $35 for the bad ass Boss ones that I have tight now. Probably my favorite glasses ever.

Went to the mall last night. Checked in at Sunglass Hut, saw prices, promptly left. There was another place like Sunglass Hut though, forget the name, and they had a bunch of other brands that were more affordable. I ended up getting a pair of Peppers brand polarized glasses for $40. Pretty happy with them. Everything in that brand was in that price range, the vision clarity is very high, they have a great lifetime warranty, and almost all of their frames were big for my big fat face.

On the way out I also grabbed a $10 pair of cheap wire frames from one of the kiosks. Part of all this was trying to break out of the black / tortoise shell I have been stuck in for the past decade +. So these wire frames / aviators and the white Peppers I got are about as wild as I have ever been. The clarity from the $10 ones isn't as nice as the Peppers but for $10 its worth experimenting to see which ones treat me better.

Re:

My Oakley ' s fit tight when I first got them but they got better the more I wore them and I wear them all the time. I used to be horrible at losing glasses and would only wear safety sunglasses I got for free at work. I told myself if I ever got a real good driving job I would buy a pair of Oakley and I'm glad I did. Mine are my favorite pair of clothing and in the year and half I've had them I've lost my truck keys and wallets twice as much as I've lost my shades.