• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

After market efi ?

Rockwells607

Gonna start a new chassis for myself finally , useing my 383 and gonna make the jump over from propane to fuel Injection to pull a few extra ponies outta the motor and have a fuel cell that fits the chassis, I'm looking at Holley terminator , big stuff and msd automic, I have used the msd on a customers rig and liked it but hear great things about the other two , thoughts and experience on these systems ? I'm gonna run 93 octane my motor is 10:1

A single mixer isn't feeding the motor to its full potential of 475hp I dont believe , also more throttle response with efi, Iove how simple pane is and have reservations about moving to injection due to electrical issues on the trail... But with a new chassis I'd like to join the 21st century

Re:

Mortalis5509 said:
I though running pane would create more power over 93 due to the octane equivalent being higher than 93.

You can run more compression with propane for that reason, but 10:1 is still pump gas safe

Re:

Mortalis5509 said:
I though running pane would create more power over 93 due to the octane equivalent being higher than 93.

I am sure Buddy could correct me, but two other wise identical motors one that is 10.5to1 on 93 & on that is 12to1 on pane, the gas motor will always make more power... Like 10-20% more

I just put a fast fuel kit on mine and I couldn't be happier, it woke the 400 sbc up! Night and day power difference! So much that the guy that put it on is running duel mixers on his 383 and he's buying the same kit. I know it's not one that you mentioned but I couldn't be any more satisfied. Best money spent since stickies :****:

I ran the fast system and it was good for the most part and switched to Holley hp and it made a big difference over the fast system

I have the holley hp and love it. Self tuning and can be set up to control about anything you would want (fans, rev, nitrous, etc)