• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

Ahtanum trails Clean-up (July 28th & 29th, 2007)

Ceg

Ahtanum trails Clean-up
Hosted by the All Wheelers Off Road Club and with cooperation from the DNR.
July 28th & 29th, 2007

The clean up area trails are on Sedge Ridge, Whites Ridge, and Foundation Ridge. This may include Trail 613, Strobach trail, Blue Lake and the Darland loop.

Here is some info: On June 24th, 2006 the AWORC joined up with Ski-Benders for the Ahtanum Clean-up. Yeti from the WUD Wheelers came out with his family too. The problem is that the only areas that got cleaned up were along where the trails are groomed for the snowmobiles.

We as ORV people now have a clean-up date for our ridge trails . The hours including your travel time are counted and help get funding for that DNR area.

This year we plan to camp at the Sno-park.

Please post below if you would volunteer to drive the trails and pick up trash. Post Saturday, Sunday or both. I need a count for the DNR.

Ahtanum borders the east side of Rimrock.

maptoamua.jpg

mapofahtanum.jpg

Want more info. How do the trails compare to say naches, evans? Does ahtamum connect up to the trails off rimrock (pucker ridge, ect.). We snowmobile around clearlake next to rimrock, and on the west side of the yakima indian res. near goat rocks, but I dont know much about this ahtamum area. How is the camping where the trail cleanup is ? Can I tow my rig up to the campground and have room to park and camp? Water avalible in july. Lots of ?s Thanks

I see blue lake and the short n dirty and a few other trail #s on the map that are on my rimrock map. Looks like it wouldn't be too far along the north fork ahtanum from blue lake which isn't far from the grey creek cg.

tantoy said:
Want more info. How do the trails compare to say naches, evans? Does ahtamum connect up to the trails off rimrock (pucker ridge, ect.). We snowmobile around clearlake next to rimrock, and on the west side of the yakima indian res. near goat rocks, but I dont know much about this ahtamum area. How is the camping where the trail cleanup is ? Can I tow my rig up to the campground and have room to park and camp? Water avalible in july. Lots of ?s Thanks
This year we plan to camp at the Sno-park for the clean-up. There is a lot of room to park and camp. The Sno-park is also next to the Ahtanum Camp Ground. I think there is water there. We always pack it in.

The trails are for the most part easy. We do a lot of wheel with snow on the trails from November to late June. Quads and dirt bikes can go on all the Green dot roads and trails. The snowmobiles have the groomed trails from Dec 1st to April 1st or so. The rest is open to other ORVs.

The Ahtanum borders Rimrock on the top of Divide Ridge. The trails do connect to Rimrock 4WD trails from Louie Way Gap to Narrowneck Gap. Here is a list of trails coming off Divide Ridge: Louie Way 608, Short & Dirty 637, Blue Slide 621, 640 Memorial Meadows, Butcher Knife 642, Narrowneck 619. Trails 615 and 613 run a long the top of Divide Ridge. The views are great.

All the Ahtanum Multiple Use Area Camp Grounds are free to use. You can get to all the camp grounds with any vehicle when the snow is gone. These are the designated camp grounds:

Ahtanum Meadows..Out houses, fire pits, picnic tables, trash cans
Ahtanum................Out houses, fire pits, picnic tables, trash cans
Sno-park................Out house
Tree Phones...........Out houses, fire pits, picnic tables, trash cans, shelter, water
Clover Flats............Out houses, fire pits, picnic tables, trash cans
Snow Cabin............Out houses, fire pits, picnic tables, trash cans

You can ride ATVs from all the camp ground except for Ahtanum Meadows.
Note: Clover Flats is a hard climb with a heavy load. Close to the top of Darland Mt.

Last edited:
Thanks Ceg, My buddy and I are heading over there tomorrow for the weekend to check out Ahtanum with our snowmobiles and camp at one of the two snow parks with the trailer.

tantoy said:
Thanks Ceg, My buddy and I are heading over there tomorrow for the weekend to check out Ahtanum with our snowmobiles and camp at one of the two snow parks with the trailer.
Cool. I would come up and BS with you but I will be at Juniper Dunes all day Saturday. Have fun. Here is a closer view of the main sno-park:

You may have to take the first left after the pavement ends instead of going up the hill like the blue line on the map. Sometimes they close that route off to rigs. If you take that first left you will drive though the Ahtanum camp ground. It will take you to the sno-park if you can't get a camp spot there.
ahtanum-sno-park.jpg

Ceg, We made it up there Friday about 4 PM, 206 miles from home in Tacoma. The snow was pretty bare down low and we rode a lot of gravel (made me wish we had the wheeler instead of the sleds). The veiw from Darling Mnt. was incredable. Cant wait to come back in the summer. Thanks,Tt

Ceg, We made it up there Friday about 4 PM, 206 miles from home in Tacoma. The snow was pretty bare down low and we rode a lot of gravel (made me wish we had the wheeler instead of the sleds). The veiw from Darling Mnt. was incredable. Cant wait to come back in the summer. Thanks,Tt
Sorry to here about the snow melting down for the sleds. Bring a rig over April 21st. We will be going up high for some snow wheelin. Maybe Darland.

The DNR said that we can clean up the mess from the AID logging and re-green dot the trail to Blue Lake. We are hoping this it true and we hope this helps to keep the Blue Lake trails open when the AID gets it from the state. This is a very important area to show the 4x4 community interest because of the Rimrock trails that come into that area. AID has closed Green Lake because of people trashing it. We have to show we care about keeping it clean to keep it open.

Tomorrow night there is a meeting about this area. Come if you can. http://cegranch.com/phpBB/viewtopic.php?t=2908

The DNR said that we can clean up the mess from the AID logging and re-green dot the trail to Blue Lake.
Sorry if I misunderstand, is this happening on this cleanup or a future one? And excuse my ignorance and curiosity but what's AID?

I wish I could make this cleanup but I need some time to be alone and unwind before I crack. Way to stressed out lately. Please keep us aprised of any future cleanups or work parties, I love the Rimrock area and will definitely come out to help as much as I can.

Sorry if I misunderstand, is this happening on this cleanup or a future one? And excuse my ignorance and curiosity but what's AID?

I wish I could make this cleanup but I need some time to be alone and unwind before I crack. Way to stressed out lately. Please keep us aprised of any future cleanups or work parties, I love the Rimrock area and will definitely come out to help as much as I can.
This remarking the Green Dot trail and clean-up of the Blue Lake trail is this weekend if they ok it. They came to me about it and I said that we would include it during the Ahtanum State Forest Trails clean-up. I have not heard back if they got the remarking part is a go yet, but the clean-up of that trail is a go.

Here is about AID: http://www.nw-wheelers.com/forum/showthread.php?t=7840

This remarking the Green Dot trail and clean-up of the Blue Lake trail is this weekend if they ok it. They came to me about it and I said that we would include it during the Ahtanum State Forest Trails clean-up. I have not heard back if they got the remarking part is a go yet, but the clean-up of that trail is a go.

Here is about AID: http://www.nw-wheelers.com/forum/showthread.php?t=7840

Ah, Ahtanum Irrigation District. Thanks for the info.

This event starts at 10 AM tomorrow morning. I am leaving for camp this afternoon so I will not be back to check out the forum. I hope we get a lot of volunteers because that will help to get funding for our trails.

We will only work on Sunday if we don't finish on Saturday.

I hope to see you there.

Map to area
(Note: The sno-park we are meeting at is up the mid fork. Take the second left and right at the bottem of the hill. Look for the Eastern Washington Off Road RV. That is base camp.)
http://cegranch.com/phpBB/viewtopic.php?t=65

Ceg, thanks a ton for your guys efforts in the Ahtanum area. I ran across Jay in the yellow Cherokee on the way up to blue lake on saturday as they were headed down from putting up the markers.

thanks again :awesomework:

Ceg, thanks a ton for your guys efforts in the Ahtanum area. I ran across Jay in the yellow Cherokee on the way up to blue lake on saturday as they were headed down from putting up the markers.

thanks again :awesomework:
We enjoyed the clean-up. Nothing better than a nice day and a drive in the woods.

That was me (Clay) driving the wife's Yellow XJ. It was good to meet you.

Here is the report with pics: http://www.nw-wheelers.com/forum/showthread.php?t=17441