• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

AIR/HYD Bump Stops Information

Hippy...

its really easy to shorten them up if/when you decide to.

just take them apart, and cut a spacer tube to go around the shaft inside. Just like limiting the stroke of a hyd. cylinder.

For just crawling around, running 1" of up before the bumps, and running the bumps soft would be just fine....
but if you wanna go faster, I'd limit them down to 2-3" of travel, give the shocks a little more time to do work, and run the bumps stiffer.

$0.02

--B

Hippy...

its really easy to shorten them up if/when you decide to.

just take them apart, and cut a spacer tube to go around the shaft inside. Just like limiting the stroke of a hyd. cylinder.

For just crawling around, running 1" of up before the bumps, and running the bumps soft would be just fine....
but if you wanna go faster, I'd limit them down to 2-3" of travel, give the shocks a little more time to do work, and run the bumps stiffer.

$0.02

--B

or stop being lazy and relocate the entire can up to allow enough travel prior to contact then limit travel to maintain my original design.:awesomework:

but there all installed and look so perty:D

im just gonna drive it a bit and decide with real world exp.

or stop being lazy and relocate the entire can up to allow enough travel prior to contact then limit travel to maintain my original design.:awesomework:

but there all installed and look so perty:D

im just gonna drive it a bit and decide with real world exp.

????....I don't follow.

your bumps fully compressed should already be the limit of your up-travel. "full bump" is full bump, whether it took 4" of bump-stop travel or 2" of bump-stop travel to get there should be irrelevant.
Your bump stops ARE what limit you're travel to your original design. They should fully compress and go solid right before anything else goes metal to metal.
Hydro bumps are just like air shocks.....they are progressive, and the closer they get to full compression, their spring rate goes up exponentially as the available dead volume inside them that the gas/air is occupying gets closer and closer to zero.

--B

????....I don't follow.

your bumps fully compressed should already be the limit of your up-travel. "full bump" is full bump, whether it took 4" of bump-stop travel or 2" of bump-stop travel to get there should be irrelevant.
Your bump stops ARE what limit you're travel to your original design. They should fully compress and go solid right before anything else goes metal to metal.
Hydro bumps are just like air shocks.....they are progressive, and the closer they get to full compression, their spring rate goes up exponentially as the available dead volume inside them that the gas/air is occupying gets closer and closer to zero.

--B

thats exactly how they are set now. but if i hate the constant touching of the bumps stops and i want more clearance before contact so the tru fix would be to replace with 2" or 3" travel bumps. which will require relocating the cans.:awesomework: or quit stressing over something i dont even know about yet.

working on ARB lines with Rade so i get to visit him today.:cool:

thats exactly how they are set now. but if i hate the constant touching of the bumps stops and i want more clearance before contact so the tru fix would be to replace with 2" or 3" travel bumps. which will require relocating the cans.:awesomework: or quit stressing over something i dont even know about yet.

working on ARB lines with Rade so i get to visit him today.:cool:

no-no-no-no.....

the "limiting spacer".....goes around the shaft of the air bump.....so it limits its EXTENSION. so, full-bump stays the same, they just don't come OUT 4"...they only come out how ever far you let them. no need to change the set-up at all, just pull them down, install spacer, and re-install.

--B

no-no-no-no.....

the "limiting spacer".....goes around the shaft of the air bump.....so it limits its EXTENSION. so, full-bump stays the same, they just don't come OUT 4"...they only come out how ever far you let them. no need to change the set-up at all, just pull them down, install spacer, and re-install.

--B

ok i get it now limit the extend portion....duh.:awesomework:

ive had the flu for a week my mind is still not fully working yet.:rolleyes: