• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

Air Shock Tech

Five things are different. 1 - transmission fluid now at max volume per shock. 2 - Nitrogen level a little less than half and now equal per side @ roughly 160 PSI. 3 - Center suck down has been taken up one more inch. 4 - outer limiting straps have 4 or five twists in them and actually limit travel at 90% droop. 5 - the truck actually feels stable like it doesn't want to fall over and take a nap.

I almost tipped over on this tree last week. I don't have the same travel as I did last week, but I didn't almost fall over either. I feel like the rear springs are actually having to work now. The real test will be this weekend when I hit some of the same trails as last weekend.

Ride quality seems to actually be improved in my high speed assaults through my yard and field drainage ditch. Best part is watching my neighbors, watch me blast though the yard.

02cdf63b954e76ddd38da4c98305289c.jpg

afd3179d7b185605e9fe84abc0a3b2ab.jpg

717cd0dcfe47ff2d444fb1831d8c0ae5.jpg

0b61c83f3bc912d20b9d91b91892d911.jpg

Kel Lawrence

Re:

Special thanks to Nick and Adam for making it a simple process instead of confusing this idiot.

I also slipped and buggered up one of the shrader valves. Gonna need to get a new one to be able to put a cap back on it.

Kel Lawrence

Well I haven't got to wheel mine yet but I'll post my experience so far.

Started out with 2" fox 16" travel air shocks put them on and charged them to 160psi. That left the front a little low but I left it because I was gonna go a head and get the Baja Blood oil anyway. I removed all the oil, which was 370cc just like it should have been, and put 500 cc of the Baja Blood in them. This was just about all they would hold. I started with 100 psi and it was way to high. I cut it back to 80 psi and it was just about right. It looks a little low in the front so I may add a little more nitrogen. I hope to wheel it a little this weekend to try it out.

Air%252520shock.JPG

played with my 14" saws today

14" saw 2.0 airshocks and profender bumpstops limited to 3" stroke.

when i first filled my 14" saw airshocks i filled them with 260cc oi (20cc over stock)l and adjusted drive height to 7 in and 7 out. suspension felt bit stiff.

first i took 10cc out from front and 20cc from rear.

front felt good but rear was still feeling stiff. so i took 40cc more out from rear and now it feels pretty good.

stock volume for 14" shocks is 240cc. im now 10cc over in front and 40cc under in rear and running them half stroke.

jta said:
Well I haven't got to wheel mine yet but I'll post my experience so far.

Started out with 2" fox 16" travel air shocks put them on and charged them to 160psi. That left the front a little low but I left it because I was gonna go a head and get the Baja Blood oil anyway. I removed all the oil, which was 370cc just like it should have been, and put 500 cc of the Baja Blood in them. This was just about all they would hold. I started with 100 psi and it was way to high. I cut it back to 80 psi and it was just about right. It looks a little low in the front so I may add a little more nitrogen. I hope to wheel it a little this weekend to try it out.

Air%252520shock.JPG

A little low on nitrogen worked great for me

lowbudgetjunk said:
A little low on nitrogen worked great for me

I ended up taking some oil. I'm at 450 ml of and 125 psi. It worked good this way but's its still a little low in the front.

Great thread guys. I wish this was available when I started my air shock build. I personally hated Bella vistas thread.

This is a diverse group of guys really putting some hours into R&D. I love it. Keep the info comin for the next guy

tiny said:
It looks like your front shocks bottom out before your bumps do. Am I seeing it wrong?

i have 1" left in airshocks when bumpstops fully bottoms to leave some room when when suspension articulates