• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

Airplanes

Boonie Buster

Stuck on a Curb
Anyone into flying RC Airplanes?

I have a balsa rubber power kit I'm building right now that can be built for electric/gas power. Just wondering what you guys fly and what it'd cost to get a nice setup. I wouldnt mind keeping this one rubber powered and getting a little sturdier built RC Plane that's RTF. :awesomework:

I have 8 planes. Have not flown for years though. I would look into a good ARF to get started. Some of the electrics are really nice now and have very long flight times. I like electric planes because you don't have to buy fuel, they stay clean, you don't have to buy a starter, glow plugs, etc. I have even thought about converting a couple of mine to electric.

If you wnt something that trumps rc crawling in $$ spent--then an airplane is perfect.

BS.. planes are cheap compared to Crawlers

I have 3 helis
1 Pipercub seaplane
2 stunt planes
several trainer planes
4 gliders
hydro
4 rc cars (battery)
2 nitro trucks
"weedeater" Gas 60" offshore racer
3 nylints :redneck:
xr10 crawler
and a closet full of misc stuff i forgot about

nitro cars and trucks and crawlers seem to run way more so far, my nitro truck exceeds 2K
my planes come no where close to that, my Spectrum DX6i can run all the planes and helis

plane motor is the big expense,

Now unless you pile drive them, which i have been known to do :eeek:

Ive got a blade cx heli that my dad gave me and he just gave me another little mini one he got at the fair.

Helicopters really take some skill to fly, its a good challenge:awesomework:

I fly a version of the 3 channel Aerobird. I takes a lickin. I've plowed it into the ground and several trees only damage being broken wings wich are molded foam and cost around $10. I think the whole plane ready to fly was under 200. It's fun. Only drawback is requires large open area and relatively no wind to fly.

http://www.hobbyfever.com/product_info.php?products_id=5950

Last edited:
BS.. planes are cheap compared to Crawlers

I have 3 helis
1 Pipercub seaplane
2 stunt planes
several trainer planes
4 gliders
hydro
4 rc cars (battery)
2 nitro trucks
"weedeater" Gas 60" offshore racer
3 nylints :redneck:
xr10 crawler
and a closet full of misc stuff i forgot about

nitro cars and trucks and crawlers seem to run way more so far, my nitro truck exceeds 2K
my planes come no where close to that, my Spectrum DX6i can run all the planes and helis

plane motor is the big expense,

Now unless you pile drive them, which i have been known to do :eeek:

I was comparing one rig to one plane. Do crawlers fall outa the sky and explode?

I was comparing one rig to one plane. Do crawlers fall outa the sky and explode?

Maybe :haha:

but usually if they do its not a total loss, i only crash once screwing around not paying attention. If you start with gliders and learn to fly you skip the crashing stage. Planes are easy to fly.

now single blade choppers are another story. Im not talking about the toy duel blade ones, they fly them selves :;

Last edited:

Latest posts