• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

Airshocks

84YotaBoy

who around covington can fill them with nitrogen also what type of oil does everybody use my rig weights maybe 2500 lbs and i want it to sidehill decent thanks

im still looking up how much oil works for a lighter rig for less body roll but once i fill them up i just need them filled...i assume once there is enough nitrogen i mount them up and slowly let out air until ride height

im new to airshocks how do you get the ride height then

At very least you're gonna need a gauge. There is a reason that most guys with air shocks buy a fill kit.

Setting ride height after filling is gonna take some guess work. Mine always settle 1-2" after moving around a bit. 215# front and 175# rear would get me sitting with around 6.5-8" of shaft showing. Drive it around the block and it would be down to 6" where I wanted it. Just letting "air" out of your shocks is gonna get you nowhere near where you want them and you'll probably end up with some kind of lean.

As far a side hilling goes. There is far more to that that just shock air. Link design has as much to do with side hilling as shock tuning.

2500# is super crazy light, what is your rig? I'd bet your heavier than you think.

This is just the tip of the ice berg.

its a gutted out zook on toy axles and 37s

11951348_987702591279932_1122405611876628886_n.jpg

Last edited:
My gutted zuk was almost 3k.

Chop that factory frame out of there its real heavy. You have a bunch more factory weight left than I did. Dash, frame, etc.

I stand by my heavier than you think comment.

977056_4181104945661_1521381925_o.jpg

Crazybluerider, you have 1 ton axles and he has Toyotas? If so there is a big difference in weight between the 2.

Crazybluerider, you have 1 ton axles and he has Toyotas? If so there is a big difference in weight between the 2.

44's but yeah a little heavier for sure. But I also had a hand built frame that weighed about half of the stock one along with interior completely stripped and floor removed in favor of thin sheet metal.