• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

Alabama Gun Rights Bill HB132

MMountain

Where's Nessie?
This is an important bill for all you guys in AL that conceal carry....

Urgent News - HB132!
Alabama Gun Rights & Alabama Open Carry have been fighting hard for your rights, and it is with great pride and excitement that we make the following announcement: HB132 is currently on the House Floor!

Sponsored by Representatives Oden, Greeson, & Thomas, this new legislation is the culmination of our hard work and the dedication of members like you! HB132 is the right step forward in furthering and keeping our 2nd Amendment Rights in Alabama. Our current firearms laws are confusing, outdated, and contain racist elements of the civil rights era that only continue to prove that Alabama firearm law is in dire need of repair. Every day in this state normal law abiding citizens are being detained, harassed, arrested, and denied their right to self defense due to these convoluted, outdated, laws. It's time for a change!!!

It's important to note, this is not an "Open Carry" bill, open carry is already legal in Alabama and there is no law preventing lawful open carry on foot. This is a "Gun Rights" Bill, period! The bill can be viewed here: HB132

House Bill 132 does the following:
1. Would provide that lawfully carrying a firearm under certain conditions does not, in and of itself, constitute the crime of disorderly conduct.

2. Would authorize a person to carry a pistol in his or her vehicle without a concealed pistol permit.

3. Would repeal a prohibition against carrying a concealed pistol on another's property.

4. Would also repeal a prohibition against carrying a pistol at any public demonstration.

5. Attempt to make Alabama a "shall" issue state as opposed to a "may" issue state, in regards to issuing concealed permits. (This may not get worked out in this bill, but we are trying)

You may be thinking to yourself, don't I already have the right to carry my pistol on other property? The answer is yes, in most circumstances, but there are agencies and Municipal Courts in Alabama right now that are taking that right away from you! They are twisting the confusing wording of the current law, and bypassing both the U.S. and Alabama Constitutions. They are interpreting the current law in their own way with no regard to existing case law, Attorney General opinions, or Constitutional rights. Essentially they are saying you can ONLY carry and defend yourself on YOUR property, anywhere else they can arrest you! Following this flawed logic, they can arrest you ANYWHERE you are carrying a firearm, outside of your home/property, even hunting or a shooting range! This is why this bill is so important! This bill clears up the current laws so there can be no misinterpretation or abuse!

Don't think this can happen to you? Ask the Gentleman who was recently arrested for carrying his pistol to protect himself at an ATM and was arrested! His charge? Carrying on premises not your own. Ask Jason Tully who was charged with the same offense for exercising his 2nd Amendment right and is fighting this battle in court right now! More Info Here. Ask Jonathon Norris who was arrested while playing chess and charged with Disorderly Conduct because he had a visible firearm!

This should be a wake up call Alabama! Please contact your Representative now, thank them for sponsoring this bill, ask them to pass it and fast track it up to the Governor to be signed into law!

Additionally, we are working with other Representatives to either cosponsor or introduce bills themselves, and we contact more Representatives every week. You may be asking yourself so what does this mean to me or what can I do? The answer is three-fold:

One, tell everyone you know about Alabama Open Carry, and ask them to join our forum.
Two, get everyone you possibly can to sign our petition!
Three, when the bills like HB132 are introduced (we will let you know), get everyone you possibly can to contact their Legislators and urge them to pass the new bills!

I can't stress enough how important each of the three steps are, we have fought to hard to let our hard work die on the house floor!

Find and contact your Representative here: http://www.legislature.state.al.us/house/house.html

Connect with us:
Follow us on Twitter
Like us on Facebook

Share this email:

Join The Coversation On our Forum:

Http://www.alaoc.info/forum

I got a north american 22mag that goes EVERYWHERE with me. Didn't know about the carrying onto private property thing but you not supose to tote when your drinkin either. :flipper: da police.

:flipper: The police?? :flipper: You!! In any group of people, there are a certain percentage of dickheads, just like on this forum. Using your logic, all wheelers are dickheads like you. So :flipper: you.

Wow touchy subject. I got a permit and haven't even gotten a speeding ticket in over 3 years. It was a joke, and anybody that knows me would tell ya I am one of the easiest going persons in the world. I believe an eye for an eye and if everybody acted right we wouldn't need cops. But whatever makes you feel cool. thumb.gif

Ohhh no somebody got sand in there vajjay ::) haha dr **** said dickheads huh wonder how you came up with that screen name :dunno: so far from my experience calling the police did about as much as calling a crackhead js...

al1tonyota said:
Ohhh no somebody got sand in there vajjay ::) haha dr **** said dickheads huh wonder how you came up with that screen name :dunno: so far from my experience calling the police did about as much as calling a crackhead js...

You just proved my point :flipoff1: :flipoff1: