• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

Alignment shop

Nathanl91

I need to get my zj aligned, I've got really bad death wobble after my lift,

I'm curious who you guys are using for lifted rigs? Cause a lot of shops will just set it all to factory which isn't what I want

I'm in south hill but can drive 30 miles or so

Save the money and headache and do it yourself. I have been driveway aligning my TJ for years and I always get it where I want it.

I can do it. We can inspect and figure out what's causing your death wobble. Chances are it's more than just an alignment issue.

John

so you dont have a clue what your doing, but you are going to tell a shop NOT to set it at factory specs?

Is there some kinda "performance" alignment Im not familiar with? :corn:

I know you know what you're doing.... but most lifted rigs do run most caster than stock specs, and MOST alignment shops won't get into adjusting aftermarket control arms, etc. to try to get within specs, they'll set toe and run it.

No I was just told that factory specs are not ideal for a lifted rig, this Is why I want to take it to a shop that knows lifted vehicles,

John where are you located? How much. $$?

And is there anyway you could get it in this afternoon? I'm off work at 1pm

I know you know what you're doing.... but most lifted rigs do run most caster than stock specs, and MOST alignment shops won't get into adjusting aftermarket control arms, etc. to try to get within specs, they'll set toe and run it.

I didnt realize that was the Al shops duty. As a installer of lift kits, I set the caster MYSELF. Layin back that caster drives better and makes for a better quality install.

Never knew of an alignment shop that would change pinion shims on a leaf rig, why would they touch the control arms?

If its thier duty to adjust caster with control arm adjustment, then why will they not touch a pinion shim to correct a leaf spring rig?

I have always had to deal with caster and driveline vibes before the alignment shop ever got the rig.

I didnt realize that was the Al shops duty. As a installer of lift kits, I set the caster MYSELF. Layin back that caster drives better and makes for a better quality install.

1. You know more than most of my customers.
2. Most of my customers do not drive leaf spring rigs. :fawkdancesmiley:
3. We get TONS of rigs in with customer installed lifts that aren't setup correctly. Customer calls it an alignment, while we're basically going back through the setup that a good installer would have done during the initial install anyways.

1. You know more than most of my customers.
2. Most of my customers do not drive leaf spring rigs. :fawkdancesmiley:
3. We get TONS of rigs in with customer installed lifts that aren't setup correctly. Customer calls it an alignment, while we're basically going back through the setup that a good installer would have done during the initial install anyways.

This is exactly it, I guess it's more then an alignment, but I'm sure I didn't get something right when I did the lift as it's the first time I've ever done coils

Good to meet you Nathan.

So, turns out incorrect caster, too much toe-in, loose track bar bolts, and loose control arm bolts and jamb nuts will cause front end issues. :redneck:

John, hit a bunch of bumps on the way home at 65-70 and she's nice and stable..

Thanks again for getting it in on such short notice

Latest posts