• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

all hail black smoke

Damn, it's been a while.. All of those guys are quite a bit higher now.. And poor ole Cliffy just cracked his block..

im tryin to pick up a early 12v 91 2wd 5spd from my parents friend, shes sellin it this summer

I'm not much for 1st gens... They aren't bad by any means.. But they definitely aren't near as easy as the second gens as far as modifying and other aftermarket parts available for them.. Plus the ride is totally different.

but as soon as i get employed i will be throwin down money on a desiel and it definatly wont be a ford, id even take a 6.5 turbo before a powerstroke

i almost got a 94 with no bed 5spd 4x4 for 2000 but then the guy decided to roll it on his farm

you can get an early model second gen for pretty cheap now.. esepcially if you don't mind a reg cab.

And don't get crazy and buy a 6.5. I'd much rather have a 7.3 then a 6.5

im not really lookin for a bomber i just want a deisel for the milage and longevity i have no need for bombin hills just somethin to pull my heavy ****in truck along

well for best mileage, daily driving/playing and hauling with no problems heat or breakage problems but plenty of power to climb the hills.. 350+/- rwhp is the right range.. And it isn't near as easy to pull that off with a 1st gen.. But it's very easy for a second gen.

yea i was hopin for like 25 mpg since its 2wd id keep maintnence up no dragging brakes skinny tires front and little wider rears drive grandpaish and let it breath right and maybe a pump mod or somethin

yea i was hopin for like 25 mpg since its 2wd id keep maintnence up no dragging brakes skinny tires front and little wider rears drive grandpaish and let it breath right and maybe a pump mod or somethin

friend of mine ran 411 on the dyno with his 95 reg cab 2wd auto truck.. and gets 26 mpg.

hm 26 with the auto but thats also in a 2 gen you know what roughly what the 1st gens get? i dont know too much about the diesels

never really paid attention to the 1st gens.. just know they ride rough as hell and don't make the power the second gens do. They'll last for over a million miles though.

hmmm.. or buy a 3rd gen... that kinda power is quick and ez... just think what youd have to do a 12v to mke 305 horse? 350? 500? :)

hmmm.. or buy a 3rd gen... that kinda power is quick and ez... just think what youd have to do a 12v to mke 305 horse? 350? 500? :)

well to make 350 rwhp.. It took a grinder.. 500 rwhp, injectors and a turbo.

a 3rd gen is in nooooo way a cheaper option.. Plus they can't touch my 12 valve on bottom end.. 3rd gens are laaaaaaggggggyyyy. We threw the smarty on my Dad's 05.. he loved the throttle response and how much better it was down low.. I drove the thing and damn near put a hole in the floor trying to get it to go anywhere.