• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

All Trussed Up.... And Shaved!!!

:awesomework: That looks like alot of fun.Have you thought about putting a strap by the t-case just in case you lose the rear driveline?Just a thought enjoyed reading and looking at your progress with the 9" nice job:awesomework:

I'm not a fab guy, so this is more for my own info than criticism... Are you going to cut/turn the leaf spring mounts or is your permanent plan to run those wedged blocks? I'm assuming those are to correct the pinion angle?

:awesomework: That looks like alot of fun.Have you thought about putting a strap by the t-case just in case you lose the rear driveline?Just a thought enjoyed reading and looking at your progress with the 9" nice job:awesomework:

The DL loop has been on the list but as with a lot of things trying to get a bunch o crap done before some self imposed deadline to go somewhere has kept it from getting done yet.

There are several safety items high on the list.. 5pt harnesses and a full cage being next.
It's gonna get bumpers and a home for my winch soon and some pretty trick rock sliders based on a guys design out of SoCal that actually cross the door but permit it to be opened. cool stuff

I'm not a fab guy, so this is more for my own info than criticism... Are you going to cut/turn the leaf spring mounts or is your permanent plan to run those wedged blocks? I'm assuming those are to correct the pinion angle?

The factory wedge blocks will stay .. or some billet 4140 pieces if I break em'. I could have reset the perches to just use a flat block but this will work great for a long time as the axle is totally controlled now as far as "wrap"

Nice work, cool rig even if it is a Ford:flipoff: Question, how did you get the edges and radiuss on your trac bar brackets so straight? They look practically laser cut.

Nice work, cool rig even if it is a Ford:flipoff: Question, how did you get the edges and radiuss on your trac bar brackets so straight? They look practically laser cut.

:fawkdancesmiley: Fords "made me" the mechanic that I am....:haha:

I spent a few minutes with the grinder and belt sander to get em looking pretty good. They were flame cut/band sawed first.

Here is a little update as well...

I took it to Florence this last weekend and got some tuning done on the motor which really "woke it up" the result was that it started to bend and then flat broke off the traction bar during some hard power runs and a few jumps.

There are no signs of binding at the swing link so this is all from rotational forces at the rear housing..

Time for some plate gussets at the area where the two bars join and I think I'll stuff a piece of 4340 solid stock down the lower tube to put this back together.

A bit of fun in the dunes
labor-day-07_0001.jpg

"weak point" found
broken-1.jpg

broken-2.jpg

Vid of some play runs through the low rollers at the south end of Florence.
http://www.supermotors.net/getfile/560214/fullsize/labor-day-07.wmv