• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

All Wheelers Thanksgiving snow run (Nov 24th, 2007)

Ceg

All Wheelers Off Road Club -
Thanksgiving/Sedge Ridge Snow Run

Saturday November 24th, 2007

On Saturday November 24th, 2007 we met up and headed up the South Fork Ahtanum Road. On this run we had 7 rigs.
2007-11-24-01.jpg

We ran the South Fork to the very end to get on to the Sedge Ridge Crest Trail. We were hoping to run in fresh snow as we have in the past this time of year. We were surprised to see so many tire tracks. There were a lot of hunters in the area. Most were riding quads.

We made it to this hill climb were only quads had made it past. There was a big tree in the trail in the middle of the hill climb. The Tweety Jeep got a workout climbing. I slide into the down tree as I went around it. I could not back up to get going again so Icesis pulled cable and helped me winch Tweety up the last part of the hill.
2007-11-24-02.jpg

BSLM makes the climb look easy.
2007-11-24-03.jpg

Test Dummy had to take a few runs at the hill.
2007-11-24-04.jpg

Here is Test Dummy's Blazer with two tires off their beads and WayCrazy getting ready to winch.
2007-11-24-05.jpg

Here is Scuba coming with his on board air, well trying to.
2007-11-24-06.jpg

Scuba goes to the top of the hill to hold the Blazer from moving.
2007-11-24-07.jpg

The guys work on rebeading the rear tire using BSLM

looks like a lot of fun!

you guys also ran into quite a bit more snow than us on this side of the mountains on thanksgiving day

whats the issue with scubas tires? what pressure was he running?
Scuba just has bad luck. He debeads at least one tire per run since he bought these Super Swampers last year. I don't know what pressure he was running yesterday but it was low. His tires suck snow wheelin' unless they are real low.

Looks fun! I feel really lucky to have not lost a bead yet with my MTR's...

Knock on tin!
X2. I am working on getting some bead locks to have more piece of mind. I don't like running under 6 lbs without. So far my MT/Rs have been good to me.

A buddy of mine on this forum... good ol JayH schooled me on MTRs in the snow.... 2-3pounds with no problem..... I "think" he was runnin 12.50s on 8inch steel rims, no bead locks... correct me if I'm wrong Jay. I'm quite impressed with them.

Yeah, I am usually right around 6 pounds or so when aired down. Snow, dirt, or rock, they have not debeaded. I am running 35x12.5x15 on a set of the good 'ol black steelies, at 15x8. My buddy has 36x13.5x15 on 15x7's and has not lost a bead, either!

Once, I wheeled a large section of Sac-up with my left-front tire completely flat, and giving it all my little motor could give it, and it stayed true!

I am running 33x12.5x15 MT/Rs on a set 15x8 black steelies and never had any debeads yet. I run 10 lbs most of the time other than snow. In snow I run 6 or 7 lbs. I have came down some off camber hills where the front tire was rolling under and thought I might loose a bead. BSLM is running 36x13.50x15 Iroks on 15X7 rims at 5 lbs in the snow. So far he has not had any problems airing down or driving around me. :mad: I think if I let some more air out I will give him a run for his money as long as the snow isn't powder. (I have short tires. :smile:) We will see when I get bead locks. :D

Nice pics and write up as always Ceg, thanks for sharing.

I ran 37/15 MTR's for a long time. 7 PSI on the rocks in the Willys, about 10 in the new rig. No results for snow since we DON'T HAVE ANY. :mad: :mad:

I used to run 33-35 radials in the snow at 2-3 without B/L's no issues unless I was really hammerin offcamber. Usually the fronts. :looser:

A couple of guys down her are runnin 36 irok bias on 15x10's at 5-6 on the rocks no issues.

Nice pics and write up as always Ceg, thanks for sharing.

I ran 37/15 MTR's for a long time. 7 PSI on the rocks in the Willys, about 10 in the new rig. No results for snow since we DON'T HAVE ANY. :mad: :mad:

I used to run 33-35 radials in the snow at 2-3 without B/L's no issues unless I was really hammerin offcamber. Usually the fronts. :looser:

A couple of guys down her are runnin 36 irok bias on 15x10's at 5-6 on the rocks no issues.
Thanks.

I don't like winter but I love snow wheelin'. Winters without snow wheelin' would suck.