• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

Almost Ultimate Tow Rig - Beta Version

Update:

Many parts have arrived.

Insurance company totalled the vehicle, now I am battling them on worth.

22.5's are mounted, I still need to balance them.

I received the fiberglass fenders from Glassworks Unlimited yesterday after ordering them in early Dec; they were "in stock".

Picked up the new front bumper with winch mount from Bodyguard Truck Accessories in Honey Grove, TX while I was down in TX. They are a wonderful company to deal with, I think their bumpers look great and service is awesome. They met dad and I at the shop at 9:00 PM on a Friday night. Its getting a M12000 Warn off another truck I have and a blangin alum fairlead.

Radiator, condensor, battery tray, fan, intercooler, smoked headlights/turn signals, hood, upper radiator support, Sport grille, grille support have arrived.
Hood is at paint shop.

Pieced together the Bilstein shocks and 2" front/1" rear lift kit while I was in town; still need to install.

Matney Upholstery rebuilt the foam in the front seat and stiched a new factory cover, its comfy again.

Still looking for a new rear bumper, fog lights, air bag kit, and guages.

Assembly will begin first week of March.

www.bodyguardtruckaccessories.com

Bumper is still wrapped up in a pallet in one of the barns in TX. I would highly recommend them, great prices and service. Let me know if you guys are interested in their stuff, I am picking up a few more next time I go to TX, and will be driving back through KS.

Edit for Kelly's pics:
(not my truck, but nice)

bumper-4$5B1$5D.JPG

bumper-3$5B1$5D.JPG

Copy$20of$20Copy$20of$202inchfront.JPG

his is black and sits up that high with 19.5's. we both thought it looked good except the diamond plate. I hate diamond plate. if they could burn it from standard plate I would think the price would go down and look better. I know the last sheet of diamond I bought was 1/8", gr36 and cost what a sheet of gr50 3/16 did.

New specs on the rebuild; had a few decisions to make in the first post, mostly cleared up now.

1997 club cab auto 4x4

2" front lift/1" rear and Bilstein shocks
Rebuilt front seat, new foam and cover - done!
Bodyguard front bumper, 12k lb Warn winch, fog lights, Hella driving lights
New Napa Chevy wheel cylinders for the rear, slotted rotors for the front, all new pads
black sport grille
new intercooler, radiator, condensor
Optima red tops with new pass. battery tray
Glasswork that takes Unlimited time to ship fenders
new knock off hood - at paint
Toyo tractions on Alcoa 22.5's - mounted, still need balancing
new fan, southern engineer broken fan shroud with bailing wire
full guage set - still need to ebay a cheap set
buff out rest of body

I *think* I have ordered all of the parts I need other than the air bag kit, guages, wheel cylinders, front rotors, and fog lights. Still need to research it a bit more on those items. :woot: got some work to do son!

dont know if you have checked it but www.dieselbombers.com is a great site with info on all makes of diesel's and a lot of good info on towing and there is a couple of guys there that were putting tips and tricks on detialing trucks

Eddie

Latest posts