• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

Alternate buggy trails at Windrock

Atomic is not for the faint of heart, and there's a reason most people dont ride it. Its trail 23 I believe off of 11. Waldens Ridge (75) is the best all around trail ride at windrock. It has some cool spots that are somewhat rough, some hill climbs if you know where they are, good scenery, and the dangerous section you see in all the videos that is bypassable. There's a lot of unmarked "top secret" stuff on the north side that is good. I know where some of it is and some of it I dont. There's a black trail off of 26/27 that is a forty number that is good and has a neat dry creek bed you can get in. Ive seen that the rock garden off of 16 is somewhat open again and its nasty. 81a is rideable in the winter months because the bush is dead and it has a small rock garden and some hidden hill climbs. The list goes on still from what ive listed.

If you drive at a decent speed and by that I mean high side rollin through the gears and can keep from getting hot then you can be at atomic from the main parking lot in about 20ish minutes

I wish you could drink there. I've been and the few trails I saw looked awesome but sneaking a 6 pack past the guard was a pita and then worrying about going to jail the whole time wasn't worth it

I've always thought about doing Walden Ridge (75) too. But so damn far out there.

Didn't know they would throw you in jail for drinking, isn't it private property? I've never had an issue with security, maybe I've just been lucky every time.

Where is the rock garden on 16? That trail is unending boring from the portions I've seen.

Those north secret trails would be great.. Never explored that area. Can you trailer in off hwy116?

Yes there is parking off 116 and G1. Park around the gas wells. They do sometimes patrol it checking for permits and alcohol on that side, but they are rarely seen over there.

Yeah it's kind of odd most of the trails over there are the Jeep and hardcore stuff... And you really don't see all the beer cans thrown everywhere like you do on the ATV and side-by-side Trails. I find that kind of peculiar..... I wonder if there's a connection there?

haustow said:
We have done rattle rock in the rain. Atomic ridge sounds comparable.

Hell no rattle rock is a Gravel road with some large potholes Compared to atomic Ridge wet

BUG-E J said:
I wish you could drink there. I've been and the few trails I saw looked awesome but sneaking a 6 pack past the guard was a pita and then worrying about going to jail the whole time wasn't worth it

Heard that, as spread out as Windrock is I would need to sneak a 30 rack pass officer farva with a backup flask in the boot for "emergencies only"