• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

Ammo Reloading

jakes89f150

i have ~240 spent 30-06 rounds i would like to reload, does anyone have a press that i could come and use for a day?

Also what kind of powder are you guys using, a few people have told me IMR4350 while others have said Hodgdon Varget Extreme

I would talk to the guys at Kesellrings (sp?) in Alger, they know there stuff. You could also try talkin to the guys at Yeagers.

I load with IMR4895 for my 30 06 180 grain bullets.
Higher velocity at lower grains than the IMR4350.
According to my Spears manual, If you're loading 150 grain rounds the 4350 would be faster.
I haven't tried the Hodgdon.

Buy the manuals and stick to them until you know what you are doing. If you are just starting out, find an experienced 'loader that you TRUST. Ask him/her to help you with the first batch or two.

Buy the manuals and stick to them until you know what you are doing. If you are just starting out, find an experienced 'loader that you TRUST. Ask him/her to help you with the first batch or two.

Double X2!!!:awesomework: Unless you've done it before, find someone that knows what they doin', so they may show you how & learn you the ropes...

Double X2!!!:awesomework: Unless you've done it before, find someone that knows what they doin', so they may show you how & learn you the ropes...

Im all ears :corn:
Ive been lookin around just for the simple fact that this is something that could be really bad if i F'ed up :mad:

I use RL 19 with Winchester LG rifle primers and 150gr Nosler ballistic tips. Make sure to trim and debur your cases after you size them and always follow the manuals. You can

For my 30-06 I was using Varget with the best results. You should find a load that you like before you load up a bunch of rounds though. In my experience one powder can deliver sub-moa groups while others will give 4"+ patterns at 100yds.

if you go buy your own press you can come out with me and my dad, im learning myself but my dad is really good, he is into bench shooting but we both just got some 308s(m-24 sniper rifle). were going to be shooting at 800-1000, were in bonney lake area.