• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

AN fittings

Righty tighty lefty loosey ?

AN fittings are pretty much the easiest hydraulic fitting, no pipe dope, no tape, no o rings.

Or are you talking about field service hide ends (that happen to have AN fittings on them?)

It's SS braided -6 line an I've been using a angle grinder with cutting wheel on it. I may try the band saw an see how that turns out

Wrap masking tape around it and cut threw the tape it works the best for me good luck

I had the same problem with the Summit store brand. When I matched it up to other on the buggy, the wire was more coarse in the wrapping. I think it pays to spend a little more on a name brand like Russell.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk with my left thumb.

Wrap the end tight with a couple passes of electric tape. Cut the hose in the middle of the tape to length. Spray out end. Spray tip and fitting with WD-40. Twist on. I have been making them this way for 12 years since a drag racing buddy showed me how when we were building my car the first time.

matth_85 said:
Wrap the end tight with a couple passes of electric tape. Cut the hose in the middle of the tape to length. Spray out end. Spray tip and fitting with WD-40. Twist on. I have been making them this way for 12 years since a drag racing buddy showed me how when we were building my car the first time.
X2

I wrap the hose in tape and use a very thin cutoff wheel on a die grinder to cut through the braided part only, then use a knife to cut the rubber. No contamination in the hose to clog up an injector this way.

I'm kinda confused. Are we talking about cutting braided hydraulic hose for steering? Then installing the field service AN fittings?

Make sure to not twist the very end of the fitting (the part that goes inside the rubber part of the hose). I made that mistake on -16 Russell line and it twisted the rubber inside the steel braided part. Had to buy another 20' of -16 hose, not good.

Ok if so, I have done a couple hose replacements at camp and used a hack saw or grinder. No issues with hose damage or fitting troubles.

Maybe we aren't talking about the same thing?