• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

an fittings

ldudley

I'm at the point in my build where I will be having to get some plumbing on my chassis figured out. Are the AN fittings and braided line worth the extra money to run for the coolant or just hoses and clamps?

Re:

Are you doing all the rest of your plumbing in AN and braided lines?

This is one of those items discussed that can quickly add to the total $ in a buggy...

Hoses and clamps have worked fine for OEMs forever.

Are you building something that warrants using AN fittings and braided lines? (Basically is it worth it to you?)

I RAN 1 INCH HEATER HOSES AND CLAMPS FOR MY COOLANT AND HAVE HAD NO ISSUES SO FAR :****: I RAN AN FITTINGS AND STEEL BRAIDED FOR MY TRANNY AND OTHER THAN THE PRICE REGRETED NOT USING THEM FOR EVERYTHING ELSE BUT IT WILL COST GOOD BIT MORE FOR AN S m :driving: :driving:

Re:

TBItoy said:
Are you doing all the rest of your plumbing in AN and braided lines?

This is one of those items discussed that can quickly add to the total $ in a buggy...

Hoses and clamps have worked fine for OEMs forever.

Are you building something that warrants using AN fittings and braided lines? (Basically is it worth it to you?)

^^^This is a good way to put it. I like to use it on fuel and tranny lines, but it is not a must do. On a nice car or a rig that is not just a beater that you drag on the trailer, it makes it, I think. Honestly, for coolant I like to spend some time behind the counter at an old school auto parts house (where they let you go back with a bent wire and look at every hose they have hanging on the wall) and get hoses that look factory. Good ole Gates rubber...IMO nothing looks more cheesy than the universal corrugated coolant hose.

I use AN on EVERYTHING, even converted my brake lines to AN. But I don't the coolant because it would be the only thing on the rig with such big fittings so the spares wouldn't work on it. I personally do not feel it is worth it unless you are just all about the bling.

this is the buggy I'm referring too...I know they look 10x better but jus trying to decide if I can warrant the added cost of it other than looks!

heater hose, clamps, and radiator hoses are expensive plus the fact that you needa change it bout every 2 years cause of it getting brittle with mud stained on it. That being said I replaced my turbo antifreeze lines an oil return line with steel braided AN style stuff this winter an I wish i woulda done it 2 years ago. It wasnt much more $ than heater hose plus I never have to worry bout it breaking or changing it again so in long run im saving $, but im also getting it made from a local company instead of ordering it from summit or somewhere else so im prolly getting it a lot cheaper from the small business. If you can afford it id at least do as much of the heater hose lines an smaller stuff as you can dude. Copper tubing works good to :****: i run it as my turbo oil feed line an oil pressure line

I use AN fittings for everything, even the vent lines. It makes assembly, inspection and maintenance so much easier it is worth it to me. In non pressure critical areas I will use AN pushlock fittings but most places I use compression type connections or permanent crimps from the hose shop.

2010 Jim's Garage 4429
2012 Jim's Garage YJ
2013 Wide Open Design WFO