• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

and so it begins

YoMamasTaco

Just another build thread on a Tacoma some of you may remember.

I've had the tacoma for a few months now, but am finally getting to it!

So, this is how I received it and how I shall begin!

attachment.php

Attachments

• IMG_20140301_171909.jpg
    IMG_20140301_171909.jpg
    70.6 KB · Views: 419
Yup, Max's old Tacoma.
The plan is a SAS, Ruff stuff housing, elocker up front, gear drive case with 4.7's
Of course, that brings its own challenges with the exhaust being on the same side as the case drop. So, blah blah blah blah.
I did think about going four link, but the cost is a bit high at the moment.

So, the standard solid axle up front. Nothing crazy or new.

Chopped the housing down to width today and stuffed some knuckle balls in place. Rotated to where I "think" they should be, but I will wait to weld them just in case.

Slow progress, but I would rather do it right rather than have to work backwards.

wellp, after 9 months of half ass working on this thing, I have a short update, with a more blah blah blah blah later.

15916810471_c074e978ed_b.jpg

Ruffstuff Tacoma full width e-locker housing.
Six shooter knuckles with Marlin 25mm trunion bearings
Cross over steering blah blah
Howe TC style pump with their reservoir and small cooler (I'm thinking though I need the big one)
Budbuilt cross member holding up my Marlin 4.7 gear drive case with Inchworm adapter plate from the r Tacoma 5 speed clocking the tcase 15 degrees up.
Re-located the fuel tank behind the cab sideways and built a flat bed (almost done) with removable flat pieces in the event that one needs access to fuel or suspension!

16037047402_834c028805_b.jpg

And it sounded sexy as it was bouncing off the rev limiter going up the rock face on 311.:masturbanana[1]:

its strange how fast the rev limiter arrives in 3rd gear! And, even on the crap Toyo's it seems to get up on stuff when needed.

It was awesome to run into the group Sunday! Awesome to wheel again with some old faces and new!

Latest posts