• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

another dumb toyota question

MyDixieWrecked

My rigs been sittin for a easy 9 -10 months with out being ran. went to start it and nothin, so i ran power from the battery to the starter and it fired right up like i ran it that morning ... That was yesturday today i go to start it to move it out of the mud to a dry spot in the gravle and it wouldnt start ran the power back to the starter and still nothing a hour later i tried again and it fired right up?

COuld the starter just be on its way out, or could there be a bad ground at the starter?

I aint been wheelin in along time and im itchin to get back on the trails.

Any help would be appreciated. :Acheers:

WWhhhhaaaa???

Where is the POWER you are RUNNING to the STARTER coming FROM??? You should always have power running from the battery:eeek: to the starter. Are you talking about power from a battery charger?? sounds like a battery problem or weak connection somewhere?? maybe alternator?

Last edited:
the power was comin from a seperate wire, i just jumped the starter from the batter i unplugged the starter from the stock cable

Had the same prob with my 4Runner...turned out to be old wiring...Easy afternoon job to replace wiring with new.

mine was doin' something like this last week...turned out to be a bad ground altho it was tight as hell.

make sure your grounds are real good/tight...along w/ the battery terminals

I was ready to throw another starter at it....when it was just shitty connections:beer:

Oh yeah, I know that one. mine came unplugged yesterday while I was buried to the doors on Elbe Mainline. ****!:mad: I think plumbrbob had fun watching me lay on the tire trying to stay dry:redneck:

Latest posts