• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

Another ole trail hero has passed

jrhall

Rock bouncing mud whomper
If you have rode iron gap, Keith springs mtn, or even back in the days of Cowan, you've prolly met Gary Hurt. He went by "Your Hero" on hardline and recently had the build of the blue buggy called homewrecker. He passed away this past weekend. Please Keep your thoughts and prayers with all his friends and family. He will be deeply missed as well from the off-road community.

He was a cool dude, one of the funnest times I had at Iron Gap was night riding with his crew. I followed him directly up all the creek beds that night. Think that was the same night Ryan Vanzant's old Jeep buggy was overheating bad, so we took the opportunity of standing around bullshitting and drinking beer while he was fooling with his radiator molaugh Didn't know him as good as many, but could tell he was a cool guy. I was shocked when I saw people posting about his passing on Facebook. Sad news. RIP buddy.

Gary Hurt was the best!! He never met a stranger! Every time we rode Iron Gap together someone we didn't know would fall into our group. Gary treated them like our own! I remember one trip this guy joined us, and his rig just kept on breaking! It was getting late, and the guy busted his trans. I looked at Gary and said I'm ready to go we been helping this guy all day! He told me we can't leave him, I wouldn't leave you. I said your right, so we stayed and didn't get out till next morning! This is a huge loss for my offroad family Gary was the glue that held us together! We lost our HERO!! :'(