• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

Another reminder for harnesses and helmets

The Luke

My best friends uncle was killed in his Polaris rzr last night. Stuck in a rut, they got him out and somehow it slid back in and flipped. He hit his head when it rolled and was killed.

No clue if he was wearing a seatbelt or not. Either way, y'all be careful out there.

I hate hearing these stories, but I am glad they are told. If it helps to remind just one person of the dangers of this sport, then it was worth it. I'm sorry for the loss.

We need to change the attitude of putting on a helmet every time you fire up your rig. Not enough people do it.

Sorry for you loss!
Wife and I have buggy/RzR....
What kinda helmets do you all recommend?

clutchee said:
Sorry for you loss!
I wouldn't buy a helmet without test fitting it first, as sizes couldn't be further off between brands. If it's not comfortable, you're not going to wear it. I looked at Bell, Triple8, Giro and ended up grabbing a ProTec. It has cushion inside versus hard styrofoam, and a size L fit better than a XXL in all the other brands. For werock I had to get a dot approved helmet, so I grabbed a Bilt half helmet so I could hear my spotter without a headset.

https://www.cyclegear.com/gear/custom-bilt-falcon-helmet

Re:

I use a dot approved biker helmet. From bikerhelmets.com

They are the lightest, most comfortable helmet I've ever had. Use them for wheelin and when I ride the Harley

John

I'm sorry for your loss.

clutchee said:
Sorry for you loss!
Anything is better than nothing! I have a Bell Segment that is really comfortable. It is not DOT approved and is basically a skateboard/bmx helmet. We always wear full harnesses and over the last couple of years have started making it a habit to wear our helmets all the time too.

First off, very sorry for your loss and a death like this is never acceptable when it could have been prevented. Sorry

Secondly, any helmet is better than nothing, but if it were just for razor riding or just trail riding, AXEL makes a nice lightweight helmet that is very affordable. For racing or serious rock crawling, you might look into something with a full face shield and don't forget neck restraints. :dblthumb:

I wonder if we could get a special deal on a helmet if we bought like 50 or 60? I figure there are enough folks that need one somebody could give us a coupon code or something? Anybody got any hookups? I can do the leg work iffin I get a name and a phone number.

CHASMAN9 said:
Give Adam Woodlee at WOD a shout, that's where I got mine from and they Rep AXEL. :dblthumb:

100% ^^^^^^^
They usually have several In stock ready to go !!! That's also where both of mine came from

We called Axel directly and he was willing to give us a discount for group buying.

You really need to try several helmets on before making a purchase. If your helmet is not comfortable it will spend most of its life hanging from your harness bar instead of being strapped on your head.

Very sorry for your loss. We have a policy in our Club, if you're in the seat, you wear your belt. It makes it second nature. I do have to say we are lax on helmets but starting to work on that too.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk