• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

Another rockwell buggie build

Dickson Offroad

Started another rockwell buggie build for a customer, going to be front and rear steer,mohawked with pinion brakes. 46" michelins (which I'm not sure about, we're going to try and cut the crap out of them and see what they will do) 20" internal lock wheels.He's still considering the motor choice but is leaning towards a 502. Belly clearance will be around 26", wheelbase will be 124".

[attachment deleted by admin]

Yea I do all the work,I've got a full shop with mills, lathes,surface grinders, tig welders and such so it makes it alot easier.Usually build the wheels also for these axles but he had already picked these up last summer.Takes me about a week to knock a chassis out.

502 is a great choice built a few buggies w/ them. have a newram jet 502 in a crate never been removed 9500.00 we are located in franklin this will save money on shipping we have about 10.500 invested we have alot of inventory we need to remove from stock ( new. nv 4500, atlas2speeds 4.3 chevy drop ) misc call cell bryan cole 931 982_ 3401 . thank you nice builds . :eek:

Thanks I will let him know. And how much for the 4.3 and which one is it throttle body or tune port style was thinking about building a small rear engine buggie for my 13 year old with one in it

Dickson Offroad said:
Thanks I will let him know. And how much for the 4.3 and which one is it throttle body or tune port style was thinking about building a small rear engine buggie for my 13 year old with one in it
the 4.3 is the gear ratio of the atlas t-case

Couple of more pics, it's rolling around now got a few more bars to install and shocks are getting ordered monday. Ended up with 120" wheelbase with 27" under the frame.I was able to keep the 4 link bars where the lowers are the same length front and rear, and the uppers are also the same front and rear. The motor will also be where the drive shafts are interchangeable so he will just have to carry one spare.

[attachment deleted by admin]

Yea I weld some 3" angle to the housing, and then flat stock to the truss.I do all my rear rock supspensions this way, seems to work good.Just had the chunk out of it cause i was tired of lifting the dang thing up.

We actually just got it painted today will measure the height when it's back together in a week or so I think it's right over 6 feet best i rememberI knot it's a couple of inches lower than my YJ is on 38' boggers and it's on actual 46" michelins when it was rollin around. Low mfer I will get pics when it's together. He changed his mind on the motor and is looking at ls's from turnkey and mast wanting around 575 horse.Ought to be a ride and a half