• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

Any drone guys in here?

I have a phantom 3 pro and a Mavic Pro. I'm sticking with the Mavic Pro mainly for how portable it is. Phantom 3 pro is about to be for sale.

I just bought the mavic pro with the DJI goggles and love it so far. I'm hoping the new quieter props off the mavic pro platinum will fit mine, supposed to be a lot quieter.

I actually picked up a Mavic last week. It is a lot of fun to fly although I only got in a few flights before this hurricane came through.

Since the hurricane is gone and I didn't have any clean up to do I put the Mavic in the air. I put it in sport mode for a little bit and man that thing really gets it.

jta said:
Since the hurricane is gone and I didn't have any clean up to do I put the Mavic in the air. I put it in sport mode for a little bit and man that thing really gets it.

They are tons of fun. I've been shark watching at the beach!

So has anyone here used them commercially? Thought about maybe trying to get FAA certs and doing insure adjusting or home inspections something like that.

I haven't. I'll say this. The FAA has started paying more attention to YouTube. They are absolutely checking up on folks posting stuff they shouldn't be doing.

When you are doing commercial flights, the hobbyist "suggestions" become actual rules under part 107.

jeeptj99 said:
So has anyone here used them commercially? Thought about maybe trying to get FAA certs and doing insure adjusting or home inspections something like that.

I looked into drones for commercial use as part of my environmental business. The licensing fees werent bad ($150). However, they were not covered under my business insurance and required a separate commercial drone liability coverage policy. I talked with a number of companies that had commercial drone fleets about their coverage. After those discussions, I was not anticipating using the drone enough as its own services line or in addition my regular service line to recoup the premiums.

Recently got a Mavic Pro. I have never had a drone. I'm good with RC cars, and flight understanding. Anything I need to do before I end up doing something stupid, or are they that easy to fly?

I've used them tons of times for past work (i wasn't flying). So I'm looking forward to this one.

customcj7 said:
Recently got a Mavic Pro. I have never had a drone. I'm good with RC cars, and flight understanding. Anything I need to do before I end up doing something stupid, or are they that easy to fly?

I've used them tons of times for past work (i wasn't flying). So I'm looking forward to this one.

Super easy to fly. Big things. Don't play around with the bottom 1/3 of the battery life. Get that thing back home and land it. Don't get fancy and try taking off under an awning or anything. Make sure it can go straight up and straight back down. I almost crashed mine trying to land it and the return to home took over while I was under a balcony. Luckily I caught it by hand and powered it down but it was close.

Other than that, have fun and don't fly where you shouldn't.

Latest posts