• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

Any real estate guru's on here in the bham area? Need help

LandSpeeder

King of the Bammers
So I've tried traditional agents, lemme get that out there from the jump. They ain't interested in helping since there is no real cut in the smaller pieces. I'm looking for a unicorn I suppose. Need a SMALL property I can build a shop on. Or find one that has a shop already. I've got a thousand different ideas, but to do them, I need a place.

I want to build this:

I know it will need to be outside most any city limit in Shelby and Jefferson County since now all cities have ordinances against shops being built in residential neighborhoods. I'm financing, so my lenders will loan for homestead. Put'em together and it gets tricky. But heck, I have to find a piece of land first. So... unicorn? If you feel you can help a brother out with realtime type advice or maybe even a contact in this area.... then PM me.

kmcminn said:
I know you want to be close to Birmingham for Dr's and all but the drive from North is better. Could probably find something around new I 22 or gray rock fairly cheap.

I have coworkers that do live in Gardendale and parts north. It's the worst commute in the state, trying to get through downtown bham at the two worst times of the day. I had a 1 hour one way commute for a few years in Seattle. Them days are over for me.

I have worked in bham for last couple years. The drive going south from UAB on 65 is horrible at 5pm and is equally **** coming north from 7 to 8 am. North seems like once you get to Fultondale it's balls out then. I was just thinking some of the old reclaimed land Northwest of the greasy ham might could be had cheap. Unfortunately as you know it's not Mountain Brook either.

I suggest the Hayden area of Blount county. You can be in Bham in 30-40 mins depending on traffic. Even if traffic is horrible on 65 there are so many ways around it it'll never take you an hour to get to Bham, unless you we have snowpacolypse or whatever they called it. There is a local agent named Darren White with White Real Estate that should be able to help you with this area. And as far as financing goes he can get you in touch with Michelle Benefield, she's one of the best at real estate financing.

MoparMan said:
I suggest the Hayden area of Blount county. You can be in Bham in 30-40 mins depending on traffic. Even if traffic is horrible on 65 there are so many ways around it it'll never take you an hour to get to Bham, unless you we have snowpacolypse or whatever they called it. There is a local agent named Darren White with White Real Estate that should be able to help you with this area. And as far as financing goes he can get you in touch with Michelle Benefield, she's one of the best at real estate financing.

I'd LOVE that area, but I just checked, it's a 45 mile drive to Riverchase if traffic isn't bad.... But we all know I'd be stopped on the interstate above and below the city in that commute. I'm a good bit below downtown Bham... I work in Riverchase

MoparMan said:
What time would you be going to and from work? You might miss the heavy traffic depending on the times.

Same times everyone else will be trying to go the same way. I'm confident I want to stay on the south side of bham. Thanks though. It would be a great place during my last job because we had clients all in north alabama.

South of Bham is by far the worst for traveling towards Bham in the morning, and just as bad heading South in the evening. Maybe try east or west of Bham, like Argo/Odenville or McCalla etc. :dunno:

What about Carrollton ga? I hear it's a great place to live.! We would be BFF's in no time.. Oh and the best part.. (Shh, don't say nothin but im in good with the board out here and could get U a spot by the other rv's in the parking lot By fishing lake for dam near nothin! :****: just pretend the 1.5 hours one way is a really bad wreck everyday on Ur way to B'ham. :woot: do it. Do it!

There's a property that I have watched for a year now. It's an old home site, has a power pole and septic already. Even a paved driveway. House burned. Its stupid cheap now. I may see about it again...

zayne2427 said:
when you find a spot give me a shout and i can help out on a building like pictured above

Can you help me build this?!

While this has an apartment up top, I'd want nothing up there, and have a raw industrial internal staircase leading up to the upper deck. I'd sit up on the porch in the AM and sip coffee and read the mornings posts.

kushKrawlin said:
What about Carrollton ga? I hear it's a great place to live.! We would be BFF's in no time.. Oh and the best part.. (Shh, don't say nothin but im in good with the board out here and could get U a spot by the other rv's in the parking lot By fishing lake for dam near nothin! :****: just pretend the 1.5 hours one way is a really bad wreck everyday on Ur way to B'ham. :woot: do it. Do it!

you been smoking the wrong stuff again kush! It'd be cool to hang out, but I ain't movin to no jawjah.

Re:

I passed through Carrollton today. I hate saying it, but the only good thing there besides my relatives is one Casey Marlow. Kevin McMinn will reiterate this I am sure. Gods country is nice, you should come and visit.

Is the old homesite just off the beaten path? Too much work to keep up? Give us some details. And if you get it and need some help getting it ready, let us know.

Kel Lawrence

Pretty sure fatguy7814 on here is, but he is more around the Decatur area . He is a damn good guy and could probably help you out or find someone that could, chance higdon is his name

Re:

lowbudgetjunk said:
I passed through Carrollton today. I hate saying it, but the only good thing there besides my relatives is one Casey Marlow. Kevin McMinn will reiterate this I am sure. Gods country is nice, you should come and visit.

Is the old homesite just off the beaten path? Too much work to keep up? Give us some details. And if you get it and need some help getting it ready, let us know.

Kel Lawrence

Thanks! It's likely I'll need help guarding it, as it's on the other side of the railroad tracks. Problem with going "too far West" is it gets way too close to Bessemer. And this lot actually has a Bessemer address. While I realize that no place is never entirely safe... I like to play odds, and odds are I would be broken in to annually.
I don't know, I'm on the fence about it. Going to drive over to it at lunch and check it out again.
It is literally just off the beaten path, and two miles from the interstate that has a Target/Starbucks/McDonald's, and 15 minutes to work. I could come home for lunch, which is highly desirable. I come home every day as it is now, and have for a decade now. I don't eat at home mind-you, but I let the dog out. It breaks up my day.

Latest posts