• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

Anybody here got a condo at the gulf?

wannabe

Gonna try and go to the beach in July and before I call the lady we rented from last summer thought I'd see if any hardliners had rental property.
NOT looking for big baller fancy fancy stuff. Just something nice on or close to the water. Taking kids so no Panama City or anything. We stayed in perdito key last summer and that was an awesome place. Post up if you got something.

Yup. They have done alot of work to Pier Park in the last 2 years or so. Buncha rides for the kiddos,shopping, plenty to do. Go 20mins west of pcb and you'll find some of the quieter spots(grayton/blue mountain beach) Id stay away from seagrove/seaside if you decided on that area tho. Id try to wait til august/september to come down or come in the next month, its not as crowded and by far the nicest time of year down here.

Spring break is like 4 weeks down here also :****: Its more or less cleared up and kinda down season til school lets out at this point. As long as you stay away from the far end by Spinikers and LaVela, west end of PCB really isn't to bad even during spring break now.

Last time I was at PCB was a few years ago and it was a place I'd never bring a family. Had fun but nothing but kids running around drunk and block people on mopeds. That may have changed now and/or had to do with the times of the year I've been to Panama City but I'd still rather not go. But if you have a condo there let me know, it's not 100% out of the question but it is close. Perdito key was gorgous and low key (nothing going on at flora bama) and we'd like to go back there.

I've stayed around Ft. Morgan a couple times. Really nice area. Not too many people and just a relaxing drive to Gulf Shores for supplies or resturants.

Wife and I stayed here before, Seagrove beach, owner is also from the ham and awesome to deal with! No pool, no big landscaping **** to tote all your stuff around. 10 feet from the car to the room, probably 100 ft to waves. 5 minutes to Seaside and restaurants. Super nice place! :dblthumb:

http://www.vrbo.com/331959

Thanks man. Place looks really nice for as cheap as it is. I'll give her a call tomorrow.

The only problem with that place is getting back out onto 30a during the summer.Unless you want to walk/ride bikes(which is easy enough everything is pretty close) it takes a while to actually drive 30-a during the summer months. If you do happen to end up in seagrove/seaside/blue mountain shoot me a pm and Id be glad to show you the cool little local places one afternoon :dblthumb:

FlatlandFSJ said:
The only problem with that place is getting back out onto 30a during the summer.Unless you want to walk/ride bikes(which is easy enough everything is pretty close) it takes a while to actually drive 30-a during the summer months. If you do happen to end up in seagrove/seaside/blue mountain shoot me a pm and Id be glad to show you the cool little local places one afternoon :dblthumb:

Are you talking about fort Morgan? Riding bikes is out of the question and walking long distance probably is too, got too small kids.
If I come to that area I'll deffinatley hit you up!

I was talking kinda specifically about the condo posted. I live in south walton(seagrove beach/grayton beach/blue mountain beach) about 15 mins away from said condo. During the summer on 30a the traffic gets a little backed up due to people walking and riding bikes. Its not bad during the morning, but from 1030 on if you have to drive somewhere its gonna take a little bit of sitting in traffic waiting for people to cross the road. That condo is kinda on the far end of the congested area, should be pretty quiet most of the time. Its the way the road is layed out that makes it such a pain to get back onto 30a from the neighborhood that place is in. There are a couple places to eat/shop in a 10min walk, publix is right up the road maybe 5 mins in a car. Its a nice area on that end of the beach, one of the better dune lakes for sure.

We stayed there in september, so we missed out on the heavy traffic. Actually wasn't bad at all. It is stupid nice for the price, no lobby elevator billion people on the beach kinda place. And you can rent chairs and umbrellas there as well. :dblthumb:

Yup, best time of year is late august,september. We call it locals summer, not hot enough to be unbarable but hot enough that jumping in the gulf feels like the greatest thing in the world, and no tourists for the most part. Seagrove/seaside clears out really fast as soon as school(k-12) goes back in, its a really family orientated little area on 30-a. It used to be a pretty well hidden emerald coast secret10...not so much anymore. I can show you some spots that you wont find anyone 300yards either way on the beach :****: Even cooler stuff if you are willing to ride up to ecofina for a kayak trip. Put in at 830-9 am float down and hit 5-6 different springs on the way and take the shuttle back up around 4, def one of the coolest panhandle spots with out a doubt.

That sounds awesome! They rent kayaks or you bring your own? I think we may just wait one more month and go in August so it will be less crowded.