• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

Anybody know a good speed shop in Hoover, Pelham, Alabaster?

customcj7

So I picked up a new project. A 1972 Excalibur Roadster.

I don't have a welder and need a good fab shop I can trust to weld in some threaded bungs onto the frame for some seatbelts. This thing has NONE.

I'm doing all the other work, I just need some light fab work done. With no seatbelts, I'm not taking this thing on the interstate so I need something close that could do this. This could be a precursor to some more custom fab work on the car later, so I'd like to see if the shop is any good.

Anyone got a good recommendation that they trust? Preferably one you have used or seen their work firsthand.

Pics of the car for reference

8c8438563176673.jpg

Thanks guys. Murrah reached out to me as well. I'll have to get creative with some backroads to get over to irondale.

Vini's looks like a helluva place. I'm not sure my ride is worthy of some of the work they do. Especially for such a small project. Damn nice rides though for sure.

customcj7 said:
Thanks guys. Murrah reached out to me as well. I'll have to get creative with some backroads to get over to irondale.

Vini's looks like a helluva place. I'm not sure my ride is worthy of some of the work they do. Especially for such a small project. Damn nice rides though for sure.
You'll be happy with him. Badass work and a good guy. Just don't let your ride get too comfy in my parking spot.

BUG-E J said:
You'll be happy with him. Badass work and a good guy. Just don't let your ride get too comfy in my parking spot.

Thanks for the suggestion.

I'll just expect the phone call from Irondale PD about an open exhaust hot-rod wannabe bombing down the backroads with the 454 screaming. :rolf:

SpeedSouth in Pelham also does rebuilds as well and are highly recommended. Talk with David Leonard the owner. thumb.gif

ADMINISTRATOR

Maybe have whoever works on it go ahead and stretch that rear frame section and move the bumper back a couple more feet. :dunno:

lol
Car looks pretty cool other than that.

CHASMAN9 said:
SpeedSouth in Pelham also does rebuilds as well and are highly recommended. Talk with David Leonard the owner.

Thanks!

bgredjeep said:
Maybe have whoever works on it go ahead and stretch that rear frame section and move the bumper back a couple more feet. :dunno:
lol
Car looks pretty cool other than that.

Most popular WTF on that car that everyone notices. First comments are "What's up with the ass end?" I'm debating bobbing it, bringing in the megabumper, shaving the ends and then painting it black.

Pull that thing outside and give us a good picture of it! Dang old teaser, can't back up far enough in the garage pic.

I bet Murrah could make a sweet double hoop vintage looking rollbar with some harness tabs on it, then drop it of at the chrome shop.

A little late, but impatient creations in alabaster does a lot of classic car and old unique car rebuilds. He has been doing it for years. Very dependable and reputable guy.