• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

Anybody know we're a bad ass zip line is?

wannabe

Leaving tomorrow to head to Connecticut. Will be passing through Tennessee, Kentucky both Virginias and maybe some more states. I really want to go zip lining or something fun. Anybody know if there's some place were you can fly through the mountains or something?

wannabe said:
Leaving tomorrow to head to Connecticut. Will be passing through Tennessee, Kentucky both Virginias and maybe some more states. I really want to go zip lining or something fun. Anybody know if there's some place were you can fly through the mountains or something?

I live west of Nashville and there's a place in Kingston Springs (exit 188 off of I-40). I've never been there but it's a zip line park.

Ok I'll look online at Harlan. Anybody no the name of it or is it like the only one around harlen?

Red River gorge/Natural Bridge outside of Lexington, Ky. They have a great one there. We also have one in the underground caverns here in louisville. Not that great of scenery but a zip line.

There is a good one outside Cosby TN and only $50 when we went. There is a section so long if you don't keep your speed up they will have to come out and get you drag you back hand over fist, don't be that guy!!!! Sorry can't remember the name, trying to get up with the wife to see if she remembers. Google it around Cosby. Cosby is less than a one horse town, can't be too many Zip Lines there. If you have time stop at the gas station/ mall with the little diner attached on the side, just point at something on the paper menu. Holy crap somebody up in there knows how to cook, EVERYTHING. We have a friend with a cabin there once I found that little hole in the wall the feed bucket was on, cheap too.

There is one at Mammoth Cave National Park,not sure how awesome it is. My step son and my other half went on it last summer and said it was a blast,but it sounds like you are going to be going through the eastern part of Ky. The Park is in south central Ky so somewhat of a drive to just go on a zipline. The cave tours rock tho.

wannabe said:
Ok I'll look online at Harlan. Anybody no the name of it or is it like the only one around harlen?

Here you go

http://www.harlancountytrails.com/blackmountainthunder.php

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

wannabe said:

If you're into caves and such, I would highly recommend stopping at The Lost Sea if you are going through TN....it should be on your way. It's only just a few miles off of the Sweetwater exit on I-75.....like turn right, drive about 5 minutes and you're there.

Huge underground cave tour, and no you won't get dirty. There's a big ass lake at the bottom of the cave and they take you on a boat ride across it too. Tour takes about 45 min to an hour and well worth the trip. It's like **** you see on horror movies like The Cave where there's all those underground water chambers and such. Definitely something to see at least once in your life, I've been 3 different times with different folks.

http://www.thelostsea.com/aboutus.html

Re: Re: Re: Anybody know we're a bad ass zip line is?

TacomaJD said:
If you're into caves and such, I would highly recommend stopping at The Lost Sea if you are going through TN....it should be on your way. It's only just a few miles off of the Sweetwater exit on I-75.....like turn right, drive about 5 minutes and you're there.

Huge underground cave tour, and no you won't get dirty. There's a big ass lake at the bottom of the cave and they take you on a boat ride across it too. Tour takes about 45 min to an hour and well worth the trip. It's like **** you see on horror movies like The Cave where there's all those underground water chambers and such. Definitely something to see at least once in your life, I've been 3 different times with different folks.

I second the motion for The Lost Sea. Very interesting, especially if you have younguns.

If you're there early in the day, there is usually virtually no wait time. They have multiple tour guides. Lots of history in that place. It used to be an old Tavern back in the old days called Cavern Tavern. That would be the coolest thing ever, pull up a chair and get drunk in a big ass underground cave and go exploring lol.

TacomaJD said:

Sounds like Ole Greggs waters!

TacomaJD said:
If you're there early in the day, there is usually virtually no wait time. They have multiple tour guides. Lots of history in that place. It used to be an old Tavern back in the old days called Cavern Tavern. That would be the coolest thing ever, pull up a chair and get drunk in a big ass underground cave and go exploring lol.
Guess you've heard the tale about not realizing how drunk they would get due to the difference in pressure underground or something. Said they would drink like fish, then the closer they got to the surface, the drunker they would become.
The joint has been there so long that I went as a kid, now I've been back with my own kids. I really like Tuckaleechee Caverns as well. It just doesn't have the lake in the bottom, but the actual caves seemed bigger.

tyldyl12 said:
Guess you've heard the tale about not realizing how drunk they would get due to the difference in pressure underground or something. Said they would drink like fish, then the closer they got to the surface, the drunker they would become.
The joint has been there so long that I went as a kid, now I've been back with my own kids. I really like Tuckaleechee Caverns as well. It just doesn't have the lake in the bottom, but the actual caves seemed bigger.

Yup, all 3 tours, same tale lol. I would like to do that Wild Tour they offer one day. I doubt I could get enough of my buddy's motivated to do it though....or find time to take a whole day to do it too. It's like 2.5 hours away from me.

muleskinner said:
Something a lot more fun than that is skydiving its a blast

I would love to do that. Just gonna wait till the kids are grown and if I die it will be ok. Then I'll do it lol. I have a issue trusting and back pack full of canvas and string to save my fat ass from going splat