• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

Anybody riding the cove?

Nothing yet. I've got some stuff going on. So, I might be on a hold for a bit. Somebody else get something together. Sorry fella's

The Luke said:
Anybody riding the cove in the next month or two? Or be interested in leading a few rigs around. I've only been once and would get turned around in a heartbeat. We are thinking something toward the end of January? We're flexible though.
I have been to the Cove a few times, the river only flows in one direction. The navigation is mindless you are either going upstream or downstream.

xjmarc said:
Don't get me wrong I like the cove for an easy day but your group minus the gazer might be bored. Bear pin is one of the few "decent" sections and it's short. On that note let me know when you go and I'll tag along.
then there is a lot you haven't seen, I can take you to places you would have a hard time with on 43/44's. Miles of dry wash boulder beds.

RockHales said:
then there is a lot you haven't seen, I can take you to places you would have a hard time with on 43/44's. Miles of dry wash boulder beds.

It just sucks getting there. Last time i went my back hurt for days from all the bouncing over little ass rocks.

RockHales said:

Well then when I get mine back together we need to go, Bear Pens has some decent rocks but takes forever to get there and 15-20 minutes and you've hit them.

I'm down for a trip out there this fall, maybe a wheeling and leaf lookin trip. Hope to have my rig in a little better shape by then

Re: Re: Anybody riding the cove?

xjmarc said:
Well then when I get mine back together we need to go, Bear Pens has some decent rocks but takes forever to get there and 15-20 minutes and you've hit them.
You can get to bear pin from a gravel road (up off Fire tower road or the cemetery road) . Or come in Pryor Ridge and it is only a short little ride to it.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

Re: Re: Anybody riding the cove?

jeeptj99 said:
It just sucks getting there. Last time i went my back hurt for days from all the bouncing over little ass rocks.
Going in green town drops you in right at Parsons pass and 1410. Then a short trip down stream takes you by Cadillac.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

jeeptj99 said:
6/10 psi and a set of Blisteins is the key! . I scoped the dry wash out again Saturday and honestly most of isn't going to be sheet metal friendly.

Sorry for not responding sooner. I saw it on my cell phone and said **** it I'll respond later and forgot. It'll be a few small tire Toyota's that are locked, and a few built Jeeps.

DrankinInTheWoods said:
Sorry for not responding sooner. I saw it on my cell phone and said **** it I'll respond later and forgot. It'll be a few small tire Toyota's that are locked, and a few built Jeeps.

No problem on a delay. I want to go back to the Cove sometime soon, so may tag along for this trip depending on how things lay out schedule wise.

DrankinInTheWoods said:
Please do! We plan on getting up there around 8 Saturday morning and camping.

Sounds good. Planning to tent camp in the Cove or camp somewhere else (meaning closer to trucks etc)?

DrankinInTheWoods said:
Can you camp at the Training Center? Last time I went there we drove in there and camped in the Cove. This time if at all possible I would rather camp by my trailer.

I'm fairly sure you can, they might charge you a little bit. I think it's like $10 to park a truck there or something. Call them.

DrankinInTheWoods said:
Can you camp at the Training Center? Last time I went there we drove in there and camped in the Cove. This time if at all possible I would rather camp by my trailer.

Not sure. Only been there one time back 7 years ago for a day trip.

Have some friends that ride down there in their RzR, but it's just been day trips for them.

Latest posts