• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

Anyone an A&P mechanic or work in the railroad system?

Eric04

School is gonna be wrapping up here in the next 6 months and we are looking to move south.TN, NC or GA are the top choices.If any of you guys do this line of work who and where do you work for? How's the pay and company.Been hearing rail lines like to hire a&p's also..just keeping my options open

Thanks
Eric

Re: Anyone an A&P mechanic or NDT inspector?

I do work for Delta, I can give you Top Out pays for the "Majors" for 2 License Mechanics.

Southwest Airlines $43.89 hour $4.00 hour License Premium (Union)
Delta $38.80 hour $4.26 hour License Premium (NON Union)
Jetblue $38.00 hour No additional License Premium (NON Union)
Continental $36.41 hour $4.25 hour License Premium (Union)
United $36.41 hour $4.25 hour License Premium (Union)
American $33.86 hour $5.00 hour License Premium (Union)
US Air $33.71 hour $3.50 hour License Premium (Union)

Industry Standard Pay $37.05 hour, typically for wage comparison you can figure that Yearly Union Dues averages around $830 a year, so that has to be deducted from Union Salaries above.

As for NDT Certs, not sure at other airline or MRO facilities, but at Delta Inspectors are promoted off the floor, at a higher rate of pay.

Good luck with you're carrier, Airline Mtc. has been good for me, on my 27 year at Delta, seen good times go to bad times, and come back to good again.

FedEx for going on 17 years. Worked at Mobile Aerospace for seven years before that. I'm not sure what our current rate is, but I'm very blessed. This is a tough industry to get started in. Pay in the beginning was 10-12 a hour. Long hours and not so safe working environments. It has been fun and with some luck I will be able to retire at 55. The industry is not as prosperous as it was in the 70s, but if it is what you want to do and you stay with it, I'm sure you will find your way.

Dan

Dan Dibble said:
FedEx for going on 17 years. Worked at Mobile Aerospace for seven years before that. I'm not sure what our current rate is, but I'm very blessed. This is a tough industry to get started in. Pay in the beginning was 10-12 a hour. Long hours and not so safe working environments. It has been fun and with some luck I will be able to retire at 55. The industry is not as prosperous as it was in the 70s, but if it is what you want to do and you stay with it, I'm sure you will find your way.

Dan
A few guys I hired in with back in the 80's left here and went to Memphis with y'all.

I have done some work at Mobile, San Antonio, several Timco's Facilities, PEMCO when they were in Dothan, Evergreen in Mesa AZ., Aero-Mexico in Guadalajara, Carribean Airways in Trinidad when some of our Aircraft have been at their facilities, talking with some of the A&P's at those MRO facilities there pay is less than stellar. I would try and get on with a Major Carrier or FedEx, UPS..., just my .02.

I do have a connection in louisville for ups and tx for southwest.Just need to find a place to give me the year or 2 exp.

I've hearf nothing but goodthings about fedex and ups.Guy in class works at delta as a maintenance guy for tools and what not he has goodthings to say but just hard to get in.How do you like ATL?

Do you live in atl or outside of the city?

Eric04 said:
I do have a connection in louisville for ups and tx for southwest.Just need to find a place to give me the year or 2 exp.

I've hearf nothing but goodthings about fedex and ups.Guy in class works at delta as a maintenance guy for tools and what not he has goodthings to say but just hard to get in.How do you like ATL?

Do you live in atl or outside of the city?
I live South of the Airport about 30 miles, but I was born and raised here, so it is home and always has been, don't care for Atl. (Downtown), the 'Burbs are good though. Where are you going to school at?

MIAT here in MI.

Her family is in athens or the buford area, so more then likely well end up in those surrounding areas