• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

Anyone going to Rush, KY for Anniversary Bash and Ultra4 Racing???

ridered3

Not Rigless
Rush Anniversary Bash and Ultra4 Racing are at the same park this weekend. Anyone from here going or participating in the various events/races/pit crews?

Assuming little dude stays in the oven, I'll be glued to the tv watching Ultra4 coverage.

I had planned on going but contacted them yesterday and said there wasn't any more tickets available. I had no idea there was a set limit for people to watch it Saturday but I am glad I called before I drove up there. Hopefully next year will make it happen

@ridered3

Had a great weekend racing Ultra4 Racing "Battle in the Bluegrass" at Rush, KY. I got the opportunity to co-drive for Cody Hardesty and I think we really worked good together for our first race. I appreciate the chance and look forward to more racing. We didn't get the result we wanted but there were a lot of positives that came from the race.

Qualifying went well and we are 5th off the line for race day. We pre-ran the qualifying course quite a bit. We were shooting for a good starting spot.

Race day, on lap 1 we lost brakes towards the end of the 9 mile lap. We pulled to the side and I jumped out to search for the problem. After minutes of me looking, brakes come back, I get secured back in and we take off. (After the race, we think there was air in the lines from a brake hose change at KOH) Once we got back in our groove we pushed a good pace laps 2-4. On lap 5 we are rolling good until the buggy shut off randomly. Fire it back up to see that we have no voltage charge. We limp along as far as the battery will take us. Navigation shows us being about as far from the pits as you can possibly be on course..... as we start our walk of shame we come across another racer who is out and happens to have a spare alternator. We grab it and hike back to the buggy. Swap it out and take back off. We got to cross the finish line after time and end up with a 10 place finish. (I think we can add some small panels to deflect the mud and water off the alternator for future races)

As always, we had a great time in our camp. Met some new folks and hung out with friends.

Thanks for supporting Cody's race effort
TMR Customs
Branik Motorsports
SunFire Off-Road
Tom Wood's Custom Drive Shafts
Dynosty

FB_IMG_1618832170533.jpg

FB_IMG_1618832095282.jpg

20210417_121813.jpg

Are you guys going to run AOP?

Unfortunately, Cody is getting married the same day as the race. They planned it out well before u4 released their 2021 schedule. Just bad timing.

I still plan on being there for shock work/ tuning and helping out some other racers I've been working with.

I think we are looking at nationals now that it's been moved to Oklahoma.

Unfortunately, Cody is getting married the same day as the race. They planned it out well before u4 released their 2021 schedule. Just bad timing.

I still plan on being there for shock work/ tuning and helping out some other racers I've been working with.

I think we are looking at nationals now that it's been moved to Oklahoma.
Thanks for the race recap and pictures! Was fixing to ask about AOP and the other races planned for the year. Any idea how long it took to clean the car and race suits? It looked super gross/muddy/fun.

Thanks for the race recap and pictures! Was fixing to ask about AOP and the other races planned for the year. Any idea how long it took to clean the car and race suits? It looked super gross/muddy/fun.

I was talking to Cody one day and he said he had been pressure washing for 4 hours and still not done. Race suit and helmet still need cleaning......

It was a blast, even with the mud. I've raced in worse. When I ran ECORS, there was a race at the Great American Park in Alabama, where me and my co driver had to shovel mud out of our laps to find our lap belts to get out of the buggy. There was an inch of mud on the hood of my rig.

I was talking to Cody one day and he said he had been pressure washing for 4 hours and still not done. Race suit and helmet still need cleaning......

It was a blast, even with the mud. I've raced in worse. When I ran ECORS, there was a race at the Great American Park in Alabama, where me and my co driver had to shovel mud out of our laps to find our lap belts to get out of the buggy. There was an inch of mud on the hood of my rig.

Sounds miserably fun! Reminds me of the Ultra4 Mud Race at Dirty Turtle in 2018 when it stormed before Qualifying and again during the races and everyone would get out the car just covered in think KY mud.

Latest posts