• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

Anyone have any info on Evans Creek

Teufel

I amheading there saturday and was wondering if any of you have been there recently. I am assuming a lot of the snow is melting but am sure 520 is still pretty covered. If I am wrong let me know.

Thanks.

Some friends of mine were up there last weekend and said the only trails they did not run were the upper 520 and 519., They said the upper 520 had several spots with 3-4 feet deep snow drifts that were so slushy that not even a buggy could get through. They never even tried the 519, but said that they ran every other trail with no problems.

Lots of work being done on the entrance road. Last weekend they had replaced all of the culverts and the backfill had sank quite a bit. Their supposed to be ripping up the roadbed and replacing the entire road. Supposed to be open on weekends but nothing suprises me anymore.

I was up there last night. I ran the 311 A&B lower 520 and about half of the upper 520 before we hit snow. then ran the 197 down and hit the 102. Why do the construction dudes have their equipment parked in front of the 311?

Anyways everything was easy as hell I was in a wrangler with a 4" lift and 33's open front and rear no issues for us.

I was up there last night. I ran the 311 A&B lower 520 and about half of the upper 520 before we hit snow. then ran the 197 down and hit the 102. Why do the construction dudes have their equipment parked in front of the 311?

Anyways everything was easy as hell I was in a wrangler with a 4" lift and 33's open front and rear no issues for us.

We plan on punching the 520 through this weekend. We will be camped up there.

I dont know if me and my gal will be up there sun. But my buddies will be. We are just taking the quad and bike so we are only going up for the fri and sat.

Is the slight offcamber area of the 520 at the top of the switchback hill snow free yet? A couple of weeks ago when I was up there no one could get by there without sliding down into the trees and then it was winch-fest with alot of body damage.

That's where we stopped last night. Its only like a 2 foot drift now. I have some pics ill see if I can load them in a bit.

What time are you going up on Saturday? I am pretty sure I am going either Saturday or Sunday. Who wants to meet up somewhere?

Hell, I will even go tonight. I need a break from life.

What time are you going up on Saturday? I am pretty sure I am going either Saturday or Sunday. Who wants to meet up somewhere?

Hell, I will even go tonight. I need a break from life.

We will be heading up fri. night and wheeling/riding all day sat.

What time are you guys hitting the trails on Saturday. I am going to try to make up Saturday morning and run with you all if you don't mind.

Ok, let me know. I might have one other guy with me in his TJ if he can get a dispatch from his wife. Either way I am going for sure.

Ok, let me know. I might have one other guy with me in his TJ if he can get a dispatch from his wife. Either way I am going for sure.

Hey man really sorry but we had a change of plans lasdt minute and now are heading to nachees.

Thats cool. I have a buddy from JBLM going up with me in the morning. I will make a new thread to set times and meeting places if anyone wants to go up with us or meet us up there.

520 still has a glacier at the top. It is about 4 feet thick and there is no getting past it. It is like a solid chunk of ice and stretches for a good distance on the trail. Is Evans ever going to thaw out this year?

520 still has a glacier at the top. It is about 4 feet thick and there is no getting past it. It is like a solid chunk of ice and stretches for a good distance on the trail. Is Evans ever going to thaw out this year?

That spot is always a late thaw. we have in years past taken a chainsaw to it to speed up the melt but its hard on saws :booo: