• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

Anyone have any Jancey tools?

JEEParon

Im the oregon rep for Fein power tools, and Fein just recently bought out Jancey Engineering. That means this summer I will take over as the rep for them in oregon. Anyone have any of their benders, belt grinders, notchers, mag drills? I know they are pretty good tools but i would like to hear some thoughts about them from you guys. Thanks!

What size/capacity are the drills? What kind of work?

He works in a structural steel shop ( i used to work there)

The shop has two Mag drills and TONS of Jancy Slugger broaches for cutting holes. THe kind with the Center point finder. Love them and they last forever compared to drill bits.

http://www.weldmet.co.uk/shop/productinfo/6118/hwindex.htm?lc=en&cc=global

This kind. 3/8" to 1.5" ish IIRC.

Dudes shop also used jancey cutting fluid to go with the slugger bits when i worked there. Not sure if the mag drills are jancey brand.

He works in a structural steel shop ( i used to work there)

The shop has two Mag drills and TONS of Jancy Slugger broaches for cutting holes. THe kind with the Center point finder. Love them and they last forever compared to drill bits.

Even for smaller holes, core drilling is sooo much more efficient then twist drilling.

Its going to work well for me repping Jancey. Most everything Jancey sells, Fein has the same thing but a higher quality, but more expensive. It will be nice if someone doesnt want to spend the money on Fein, and me have a second, less expensive alternative to sell. Fein has some pretty wicked mag drills though. Our most popular has a 2 1/16th" capacity, 2speed transmission with variable speed and reversing for tapping. It only weighs 28 lbs too. And Fein has this great quick change, for tool-less bit changing.:awesomework:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kSx3in2JK5A

Last edited:
What size/capacity are the drills? What kind of work?
We have one old big ass 2 speed Jancey and a couple Hougen's. The other one is a tiny little guy, I don't recall who made that one.

The Jancey is the muscle, put it in low with a 1 1/2" bit and have at it. :awesomework:

I will get the model number for the Jancey next week. This drill is older than half the guys on this forum and still works good. :haha:

Im the oregon rep for Fein power tools, and Fein just recently bought out Jancey Engineering. That means this summer I will take over as the rep for them in oregon. Anyone have any of their benders, belt grinders, notchers, mag drills? I know they are pretty good tools but i would like to hear some thoughts about them from you guys. Thanks!

I have 4 Jancy 2x2 Sluggers on the shop floor and they are put through hell and perform vary well. I hope Fein decides to continue the Jancy models and support of repair parts from the factory.