• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

Anyone know much about IFS Chevy's

Nathan08

I have a 90 Chevy 6 lug 4x4. It has a 10 bolt rear that the R&P has to be replaced. I was thinking of putting a 14 bolt in the rear. I was wondering if the front of the IFS trucks were an easy 8 lug conversion like the straight axles are, I am hoping maybe this make sense. Thanks guys.

A buddy of mine has a semi float 14 bolt pulled from a running truck I can find out gear ratio if your interested. Located in west tn 38024

He would proly take 150 or 200 for it.

Tommy450r yes please check for me if you don't mind. I did not realize they were a direct replacement. Thanks for the idea guys. I did a good bit of looking last night, and I not found any "easy" 8 lug conversion for the front end. Thank you for the ideas guys!

They guy I know is jay rice he has every older chevy part u could ask for.. I tried calling him today and didn't get a answer he will call me back though and I will report!!

tommy450r said:
They guy I know is jay rice he has every older chevy part u could ask for.. I tried calling him today and didn't get a answer he will call me back though and I will report!!
Ok, thank you so much for the trouble.

tommy450r said:
Sorry it took me so long but he has already sold the axle I suggested sorry..
That's okay, I appreciate you taking time to check on it for me.

4byfan said:
What gear ratio do u need?
The truck currently has a 3.42 in it. Which is just fine for what I use the truck for, I would rather have a 3.73 at least but it only has some 285's on it so that is just fine.