• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

anyone run whipsaw trail BC

dangerous toy

i was looking at some pics and trail reviews of whipsaw trail in BC and wondering if any of you nw wheelers have run it. it looks to be pretty easy, but a nice scenic family run, with lakes, great camping and mine shafts to explore. if any of you guys have run it leme know whatcha think. how far is it from the seatlle area to the trailhead? thanks -DT

I know quite a few in BC4x4 have done it, and we were planning on a trip in late nov, but it got canceled. Its a great run, and you really only need 31s to make it through.

There are some alternative ways to making a loop back to the start, and depending on these paths it could be more or less difficult. goto bc4x4.ca and there should be more information there.

We ran it a couple of years ago. It is scenic, pretty easy, and pretty long. Like any NW Trail, the weather plays a large part in determining how hard it will be.

Send me a pm if you need more info.

Craig

Just go to my website http://www.northwestoverlandsociety.org

Click on Media->Event Photos from the menus (don't need to register)

Click on trips

Click on Next Screen at the bottom of the page

You'll see the Whipsaw album with the backend of a 109 and a snow dusted trail photo as the thumbnail.

Craig

Last edited:
I've run it.... It was an on an ARB adventure series trip....We took a week and ran various trails including the Whipsaw. Pretty easy, very scenic, and bring LOTS of bug spray.....The mosquitoes are the size of birds and they are everywhere!

Nice pictures. It reminds me of the Naches trail. Looks like it was an easy trail.
Your link didn't work for me but this should help http://www.northwestoverlandsociety.org/Media/EventPhotos/tabid/208/Default.aspx

Oops. Made a typo. I fixed the link in my post.

Yep, it is a very easy trail. Probably a little easier than Lake Isabelle. It is scenic though, and if you run it in say a stock willy's or stock Land Rover Series I, II, IIa, or in the snow it can still be fun. :)

Craig

The best time to run the wipsaw is in late sept early october, bugs are gone and a very good chance of snow. makes the normally Easy trail, more difficult and fun.
(a built rig can run most of it in 2wd in summer)
The "funny" thing about the wipsaw.. its said to be the cursed trail. somebody alwasy breaks and there is often accidents. for no good reason.
I can't remember teh exact tradition, but it has something to do with picking up miners (if i remember correctly) that were long since dead and giving them a ride...
Here is a pic of some friends on columbus day 2007 on the wipsaw.
wipsawsnow.jpg

The best time to run the wipsaw is in late sept early october, bugs are gone and a very good chance of snow. makes the normally Easy trail, more difficult and fun.
(a built rig can run most of it in 2wd in summer)
The "funny" thing about the wipsaw.. its said to be the cursed trail. somebody alwasy breaks and there is often accidents. for no good reason.
I can't remember teh exact tradition, but it has something to do with picking up miners (if i remember correctly) that were long since dead and giving them a ride...
Here is a pic of some friends on columbus day 2007 on the wipsaw.
wipsawsnow.jpg

Diggin that cruiser!:cool:

ya, i was supposed to meet these guys up there that day, but things happen. I was pissed, would have been a mint run.