• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

Anyone Running 33's and 5.29's?

2slow4you

How's the drivability? RPM's @ 60?

I'm running 33's right now but am planning on 35's down the line, so i thought, rather then going with 4.88's and then 5.29's, I might as well just skip to the smaller gears.

I plan on runnin' 33's and 5.29's on my Runner...got the gears, just need one more tire to complete my set...haha!

Why would anybody waste ANY money on stock jeep axles?

Never regear a d30/35, just replace them.:beer:

You know not everyone lifts their vehicle to take it out in the trails & beat the Sh*T out of it. some people want daily drivers that look nice with larger tires. Why would someone put D44 or D60 in their jeep just to drive it down the road and waste all that money?:looser:

If you are just trying to change your gearing for road use then why not regear your stock axles?:mad:

I know there a weakpoint on a jeep but not everyone is building a rock crawling machine like you:kissmybutt:

You know not everyone lifts their vehicle to take it out in the trails & beat the Sh*T out of it. some people want daily drivers that look nice with larger tires. Why would someone put D44 or D60 in their jeep just to drive it down the road and waste all that money?:looser:

If you are just trying to change your gearing for road use then why not regear your stock axles?:mad:

I know there a weakpoint on a jeep but not everyone is building a rock crawling machine like you:kissmybutt:

I can find an old set of 44s and a 60 with 4.10s cheaper than you can regear one D30.

I sold a set of axles last year for 400, a waggy44 with 4.10s and a early d60 with 4.10s. matched pair of not fullsize axles.

even street driving is hard on a d30s tierods and balljoints and etc. But it only costs 500 for currie to send a better tierods and damn those unit bearing are cool too.

ever price out putting hubs on your favorite axle? Locking Hubs are nice for STREET driving.:corn: isnt that KIT only 700 or better?:beer:

I can find an old set of 44s and a 60 with 4.10s cheaper than you can regear one D30.

I sold a set of axles last year for 400, a waggy44 with 4.10s and a early d60 with 4.10s. matched pair of not fullsize axles.

even street driving is hard on a d30s tierods and balljoints and etc. But it only costs 500 for currie to send a better tierods and damn those unit bearing are cool too.

ever price out putting hubs on your favorite axle? Locking Hubs are nice for STREET driving.:corn: isnt that KIT only 700 or better?:beer:

Yeah good luck finding those prices now especially without having to rebuild the axles.

I completely understand its smarter to replace them but not everyone has the same intentions as you or I. I am still running stock D30 & 35 in my jeep (welded in the rear) and dont have any problems wheelin mine & depending on it driving me home the days i dont trailer it up. I even drove mine as a daily driver commuting from graham to north kent every day

and my jeep will still go farther than tylers fully built sammi:kissmyass: even tyler will tell you lol

I ran 5.29's and 33's on my old toyota and it did great. Not sure how it would work in anything else. If you are planning on going to 35"s def. go with the 5.29's so you do not have to regear twice.

Thanks for all the input guys. The 5.29's in my 4runner with 35's was bearable, but i had no idea about running 33's. I think 33's are as big as im going to go untill I get out of college and can afford to do things right. Alcans front/3 link rear on 35's. But that's only 2 years away so 35's are in the near future. :redneck:

I'm curious as to how the subject got onto Jeeps...? :haha:

Latest posts