• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

Anyone using the Swag U-turn digital readout on their bender?

bradzuki

Looking at getting this so I can reproduce bends on our Pro-Tools 105. We have picked up several production jobs lately and I need more accuracy than the coat hanger can give. Wondering if the $140 price tag is worth what you get or if there are better alternatives. Currently using the degree wheel and then a digital angle finder to double check it. Eats up a lot of time when I have to check 160 bends though.

I just got one a month ago and wish I would have done it a long time ago! well worth the money.

:dblthumb: Thanx guys. Guess I'll be ordering one up then. Only question now is do I get the stuff and do it myself or just go ahead and get it ready to go out of the box?

Ordered the u-turn and got it to my door in less than 48 hours! :woot:

Do have a question thoug. My pin is 1" and the swag pin measures 0.970". My pin =maybe 1/16" of wiggle in the die. Swag pin =at least 3/8" of movement in the die. Is this normal? I thought to accurately reproduce bends the die would need to have as little movement as possible. I called swag and Troy said this is normal and for me to go ahead and use the u-turn. Seems to me that it will push to one side and start to wear?
Anyone else run into this :dunno:

Mine has a little wiggle room but no more than it did with the original pin did. I've had no issues so far

does anyone have a video of how this works? I have a bender simular to the jd2 but a little different since I built it and was hoping to see how it mounts and works to see if I could use it on my setup. I was surprised there wasnt a vid on youtube..

How does it deal with springback? And I've noticed springback is different on different MFGs of the same size and thickness DOM too.

I'll make a video next time I'm at the shop. I set ours up to account for spring back, same as our coat hanger. You have to set it up every time you change dies. I'm still not liking the slop it allows in my bender and I'm going to have to drill a divot in the pin for the set screw because it keeps sliding.

Re: Re: Anyone using the Swag U-turn digital readout on their bender?

Not the swag but the TubeBandit
Basically the same concept

Rokcrler said:
Not the swag but the TubeBandit
Basically the same concept

Thats seems easier. To bad they are out of business.

The swag is basically the same install. I modified mine to work on the M32.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D1gEkVy-PQE&feature=youtube_gdata_player

Latest posts