• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

AOP - Light The Night Ride - July 22-23, 2016

John Galbreath Jr.

38 Special & Solo Buggy
Found on Facebook.

https://www.facebook.com/events/1635351110119535/

Join the Adventure Off Road Park and Nature Center for Light the Night! Ya'll asked for more night time events, we're going to deliver! Jeeps, trucks and side by sides, we're going to fire up the LEDs and hit the trails with Guided Night Rides, a Dinner Cruise, Camping, Scavenger Hunt and more! For more information, visit the the AOP website at http://www.adventureoffroadpark.com/light-the-nights/

13322072_724655461010493_1305071393725829596_n.jpg

Thanks for sharing this John.

This event is a fun low key Night Ride event with a few other things thrown in for fun and fun for the families. We will offer the following if anyone wants to participate.

Friday Night Dinner Cruise to a local eatery for food and drinks.
Guided night rides for those not comfortable hitting the park alone at night.
Guided day rides for the same.
Digital Scavenger Hunt that will be fun for the families.
RTI Comp
Food Vendor
And a few more fun things we are working on.

You can choose to participate in these or the park is wide open for your enjoyment

AOP,

Thanks for the response. Only been down to the park for Crawling for Reid, but this sounds quite fun. Love some night wheeling, but having the guided tour will help take some anxiety out of night riding somewhere new.

ridered3 said:
What time will the Friday night Dinner Cruise start?

Little over 20 days from now. Who else is going?

i'll probably be there. dont know about night riding but i would like to make the ride.

Looks like I've got three rigs coming up/down for Friday night, all day Saturday, and maybe a little riding in Sunday morning.

Anyone else coming to the night rides?

Light the Night Ride:

Had a good time this weekend, despite the heat! Event seemed well attended, but trails were not overly crowded.

Additional pictures:
http://s280.photobucket.com/user/dirttoy3/library/AOP%20Light%20the%20Night%207-23-16

For a first time event I thought it went well. Enjoyed camping for the weekend on site and riding until 2am each night.

Couple of recommendations though:
*have the event in the Spring or Fall if possible. It was crazy hot this past weekend even early in the mornings.
*it may have just been us, but the guided trail rides didn't seem to pan out, day or night. I waited for nearly an hour for one of the guides to get camp setup on Friday, finally gave up and went on our own, then the guide didn't end up riding at all Friday night, Saturday, or Saturday night. So we ended up just doing our own thing all weekend, which wasn't what I was wanting to do. Just a little more organization would help for the guided trails.

Overall though had a great weekend and enjoyed seeing more of the park. Will defiantly be back for more camping and night riding

Latest posts