Ear Plugs
Glloves
Boots
Shovels
Pick Mattock or Pulaksi
Small SledgeHammers
Rain Gear
Water and Food for the day

Hard hats are one of the must for the work projects. There are some avalible that DNR brings

Be ready to work in the outdoors.

Work party begins at 930 in the Reiter Parking lot.

The Plan is to restore Sac Up and maybe more if we have enough people.

PLEASE JUST POST IF YOU ARE COMING AND HOW MANY PEOPLE AND WHAT TOOLS YOU ARE BRINGING LEAVE THE BS IN THE OTHER THREADS Thank you.

Lets have another big turn out for this. The last one had about 12 people show up.

Crash can you please sticky this and also Add a "t" in the title.

and feel free to edit if you would like. Thank you!

I will be there and a shovel and other special tooling for the Money Mark experiment..........

I will be there with a shovel and a small and large sledge. . . along with a maddox if its still needed????

I to am fully envolved with the money experiment!!! I will also have another able body with me. so count me in plus 1 friend:awesomework:

I believe its similar to the tool that you bent a little......

:011::011::011::redneck:

Actually those will be VERY useful on the rocky "soil" Sac-Up will have.......shovels suck in that stuff.:looser:

yeah i think i might have like 2 or 3 of them i will definetly take a look. . . they would kick ass on sac up all those roots and ****. . . shovels would absolutly suck to try to dig anything out more then a couple of inches:rolleyes:

I will be there along with my wife and a friend... all are ready to work.

We will bring shovels, pick, and a pry bar. Should I bring anything like a log chain for the $ skidder? Post up if anything speacial is needed.

The one thing we never got was a real logging choker. But the end of my disposable winch cable (metal) and/or a normal chain would be fine. Remember, I can move the "small" stuff.......the big :rb: Jeeps can move the big stuff.:redneck:

If someone was to bring a choker to the work party, I wouldn't turn it down.:;

Something for everyone to remember, for this Restoration work party.......the amount of logs moved will pale in comparison to the amount of live material/debris needed to plant/lay on the trail.

There really aren't alot of ferns to re-plant off Sac-Up. David (DNR) had talked about getting a bunch of seedling trees and using those as well.

If we use another site to gather these plants, we'll need a way to get them from point A to B. 4x4 pick-up truck with a flat bed??? :eeek: Small trailer???

We'll know more as the week closes.

i dont think i will make this one, I have to dye my hair.... oh who the hell am i kidding, i will be there to watch all you guys work:haha::haha::haha:

I'll be there! Shovels, digging bar, 3# hammer, sledge(if I can find it), 4RnR w/wench:bling: and whatever else looks like it might be handy. :bananadance:
I'll go see how much a 6' choker would be too.

Hi All:

RusM, no need to buy a choker chain, I will bring the one I have, heck I'll donate it to $Mark's skider project! :D

We need a mix of skills and tools at this work party. Everyone does not need a shovel - 30% shovels, 30% mattocks, 20% landscaping rakes, and 20% misc. tools will serve us well.

At the trail leader training session in May, I brought a shovel and a mattock. Never used the shovel - there were plenty present. The mattock is a superior digging tool anyways.

At the May Creek restoration party (the one that drew over 100 people) the need was for stout rakes for pulling wood chops around. The leaf rake I brought was *not* up to the task at all! Had to borrow a landscaping rake to get the chips flying! :redneck:

Regards,

Alan

I know you're coming and thanks.:awesomework:

There have been very few CONFIRMED winch duty rigs. Anyone that can help, should.:awesomework:

Or......I can just do the work of 10.:corn: