• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

ARB bumper winch problem

toyrunner95

ok i am thinking about buying a arb bumper for my 84 toyota pickup, is there any way i can put a warn x8000i into it cut it, turn it, anything??? i am sure that some one has done it and i need to know if its possible. if any one has pics of this that has been done it would help as well

??? does anyone have this setup that i can see before i do it. i also have a 3in body lift so ill have to modify that aswell.

PICS I NEED PICS, actually any 84 or 85 pics will do

toyrunner95 said:
r u sure it will fit and work then, dont i have to turn the clutch handel 180 degrees anyway?
You're talking about hacking the bumper to make it fit, and then asking if it will fit? :haha: :flipoff:

2pwrlftrs4u said:
i'd just suck it up and get/trade for a different winch or buy a different bumper :corn:
Why, he needs to modify it anyways to get rid of the unsightly 3 inch gap he will have, so why not cut on it somemore:stirpot:

JNK-RNR said:
Why, he needs to modify it anyways to get rid of the unsightly 3 inch gap he will have, so why not cut on it somemore:stirpot:
What? Modify and ARB bumper? Can't be done! :corn:

I thought I saw some pics where somebody turned the solenoid housing towards the engine one time in an ARB...somewhere over on the WATTORA board quite a long time ago

Grommit327 said:
I thought I saw some pics where somebody turned the solenoid housing towards the engine one time in an ARB...somewhere over on the WATTORA board quite a long time ago

i remeber the one you were talking about... i think the bumper he had was for a different model toyota too :corn:

2pwrlftrs4u said:
i remeber the one you were talking about... i think the bumper he had was for a different model toyota too :corn:
That seems right...the mounting brackets had to be changed too if I remember right...it was a guy down in Oregon that was doing it...can't remember the user name

Grommit327 said:
That seems right...the mounting brackets had to be changed too if I remember right...it was a guy down in Oregon that was doing it...can't remember the user name

i'd go look for the thread but... :corn:

i can fab up the mounts to lift the bumper 3" of even take the body lift off, i dont really like it anyway. im just wondering if the bolt patterns are the same for the base, i know in my friends cherokee he had to rotate the clutch 180 degrees, to match up the hole in the bottom of the bumper. and will the plug fit in after the winch is attached? looks like quite a bit of mod is in order.

in 4wd and toyota owner there is a guy with a 3in body lift and he made it fit, and my buddy made his fit with his 4runner, so i know it can be done, i just have to see one and how it connects so i dont bungle the whole thing.

alot of people "beef" up the ARB anyway when doing a winch install... the ARB is a great bumper, i loved mine but some will say its not quite enough if you are gonna be doing alot of winching/hard wheeling.

Not sure what the X8000 looks like, but the M8000 fits like a glove in my ARB.

021707_021.jpg

the x8000i is alot like a x9000i it has an integrated solonoid on the top of it so it wont actually fit in the space behind the bumper, the top of the bumper needs to be cut inorder to accomodate the winch. look it up at 4wheel parts or something.

Well your version of the bumper is a little different from the later "IFS" version, but you'll still have to cut off the bottom of the existing bracket. The winch is mounted feet forward with the lever facing downwards, so unless you plan to put the solenoids where your radiator used to be this won't work. You will have to fab mounts for the winch to sit feet down, cut a hole for the solenoid pack to stick through, and probably rotate the end housing to make the clutch lever accessible.

Not worth the hassle. Get a different winch or build your own bumper.

2pwrlftrs4u said:
alot of people "beef" up the ARB anyway when doing a winch install.
They do? :stirpot: Mabye the ghey Taco ARB bumpers, the older ones were designed without any silly crumple zones and don't need any extra beef. :flipoff:

NM ill scrap the idea for now, ill fix the bumper i have to fit better, the arb is a good idea but ill get one in a couple years when im out of college. damn. unless someone has a good hardly used m8k that they are willing to trade for a x8ki

Latest posts