• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

Atlas 4 speed Pricing

ryannuttz said:
That's where I'm at as well. Where we wheel mostly is fairly loose with clay/ limestone so wheel speed is needed on some hills. I had a 4:1 and 4:46 gears and liked it. I broke the front r&p on my 60 and found it before we were goin wheeling so the only set I had was 5:13 so I regeared it. Now I hate it for where we wheel mostly but it sure would have been nice at Clayton . Will the 4 speed be a weak link idk much about them.. It's obvious that a even a beefed up atlas can be thrashed .

ryan, i think the real??? would be at what point ( horsepower) do you start looking away from the atlas???
seams over the past couple years ive seen a few atlas's broke. almost all of the breaks were 500+ hp rigs and usually being thrashed on more than most would.

i want to build something to beat on, but i do not plan to be over 500 hp, probly more like 4-450.

Oh I agree I plan on 5ish maybe 550 on this particular rig. But will the planetary 4 speed part be a weak link at 3-400 hp.. . We looked at a buggy for my dad that had a Klune and the guy said he just had it rebuilt so my initial concern was are these a piece of crap for ppl that actually beat on there stuff....and I don't mean TC or Tanner beat but just sum damn good wheelin beating.

ryannuttz said:
Oh I agree I plan on 5ish maybe 550 on this particular rig. But will the planetary 4 speed part be a weak link at 3-400 hp.. . We looked at a buggy for my dad that had a Klune and the guy said he just had it rebuilt so my initial concern was are these a piece of crap for ppl that actually beat on there stuff....and I don't mean TC or Tanner beat but just sum damn good wheelin beating.

from what ive seen, i think the planetary will be fine. civicmindedex that posted earlier beats on his rig pretty good and his has held up pretty well
also your probly not hammering on it when its doubled down. im still not sure which route to go, all i know is that i dont want to be pulling a t case everytime my right foot gets happy. lol

I have been told and seen about what you all have. But I would say 600+ would be a stopping point. Make sure if you buy used to get an updated case. I am sure you all know but they did a redesign because of oiling issues and thrust bearing issues in the plantery box. Hopefully in a another month or so I will be seeing what the horsepower limit is. My motor is GUESSTIMATED to be about 480-500 at crank from what it chassis dynoed at.

Make sure if you buy used to get an updated case. I am sure you all know but they did a redesign because of oiling issues and thrust bearing issues in the plantery box.

THIS! I just had a customer who was about to buy used and then buy parts to do a rebuild since he didn't know the history of the case, if you get an old case you have to buy a lot of the new parts and it was well over $1000 just to rebuild his case. We decided just to order him a new one.