• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

Attention Oregon and Washington Coastal people

burtonridr

Im putting together a vacation to travel along the washington and oregon coast. Im looking at topo maps and everything and I cant figure out which roads are private or forest service or unaccessable, etc... Im trying to find locations to pitch my tent for the night without camping in a over crowded state park. Ya know just cruise inland a few miles(ie 10-30 miles) and pitch my tent next to a nice little creek or mountain lake or something. Is there anyone that lives near the locations below or just knows the areas well enough to give me some direction? There has to be some dirt roads in the area that are away from the crowded coastal highway.

Here are the locations where I plan to stop for a night or two.

Aberdeen/Grays Harbor Washington
Seaside Oregon
Cape Meares Oregon
Devils Elbow State Park

Thanks in advance for the help.

There's not any camping in Cape Mears, but if you go down the coast to Cape Lookout, there is a state campground. And you'll be on the other side of the cape from Sandlake! Which also has camping! Go to this site and it will help for more info! http://www.tillamookchamber.org/ All the other counties look for their chamber of commerce sites!

Plus I can tell you about other places if you want to camp for free along the Kilchis River! Also, there is the Tiilamook State Forest which has camping and trails!

Plus I can tell you about other places if you want to camp for free along the Kilchis River! Also, there is the Tiilamook State Forest which has camping and trails!

Yes please :D I want to get away from the coast a little. I want to avoid state camp grounds. Im looking for a spot that is like a pull out off a trail with a fire pit and spot to pitch a tent. Anything that is about a 10 mile drive away from the coast, then turn onto dirt road kinda thing is perfect.

Yes please tell me anywhere between Aberdeen WA and Florence OR. After florence Im heading back inland to go through eugene and bend back to boise ID. Please give me either a GPS coordinate of a location or give me a distance from an intersection to the turn off of a main road so I can find it on my map. Im leaving next week on the 4th of july. Which is why im trying to camp off the 101 a little ways since im expecting it to be jam packed with tourists.

Last edited:
Do a google map of Kilchis river road. Zoom in and you'll see the roads, and a county park shaded green. You want to go to the park, but as soon as you see the rock crusher on your right, there is a bridge that crosses the river go up that road. And you will find some spots along the way. Some of them, you'll have to pack down to the river, due to assholes, so the state has tank traps. But it's mostly a simple 100 yards or so. Just follow any one of the little rivers and you'll find some spots!

I wish my truck was together and running, or I'd get ya GPS coordinates! I hope this works for you!

Last edited:
i am from oregon originally there is no camping at devils churn that what the locals call it however if u go a half hour south to florence you should be able to find lots of camping

Hey NOOB!! You obviously didn't read all the posts did ya? :looser: His plans were for the week of the 4th, of JULY!! What month is this? :fawkdancesmiley:

not sure they have camping there, but Devils Punchbowl state park. :awesomework:

pjdevils3_450.jpg

Latest posts