• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

Auto tranny rebuild help (S. Sound)

jimijam19K

Here's what's up, I may need to do a tranny for my heep sooner than I expected and I've never done an auto. All the stuff I've read, and folks I've talked to say this is doable at home. What I'm looking for is someone within a decent distance of Yelm to possibly give a hand if I get stuck or have questions (Grub and beverages on my dime) if the work gets to involved we'll figure out fair compensation, I know time is money. I still have some troubleshooting and diagnosis to do but may pull the trigger on this in the next week or so.

It's the Rig in my Sig, only the TF999 (if it is bad) will be replaced by an FSJ TF727 that I have standing by. I have a S.B. Mopar 727 as well to donate hard parts if necessary. So if you have some auto tranny experience hit me up I could use the guidance.

TIA
Jim

I've thought of that, unfortunately I don't think I'll have the room. With the 999 my rear D-shaft is 24" from joint to joint at ride height and runs @ 24-25 degree angle. The extra length of the AW4 will only make that worse.