• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

Automatic Transmission Tech

The housing on the Cheetah looks the same but it doesn't show them w/o a reverse lockout. I bought the ArtCarr with the TH350 stock gate then cut the stop out between 3rd and N. I bought it from ArtCarr on Ebay they had a sale and free shipping.

One of my worries is not having enough compression at rim rock and over riding the brakes, like on blue slide or chicken ****. not cool

One of my worries is not having enough compression at rim rock and over riding the brakes, like on blue slide or chicken ****. not cool

Not to worry.
A standard torque converter in a normal TH400 will give plenty of compression braking. Too much even at times. You'll have to be on the gas, to go down the steepest chutes.
And if you have 4 wheel disc brakes, 'over riding' the brakes is virtually impossible. It's really really hard to overheat disc brakes unless you're continually racing (slowing from 100+ mph). At slow speeds, you simply don't develop enough heat to have a substantial negative effect on 4 wheel discs.

And if you have 4 wheel disc brakes, 'over riding' the brakes is virtually impossible. It's really really hard to overheat disc brakes unless you're continually racing (slowing from 100+ mph). At slow speeds, you simply don't develop enough heat to have a substantial negative effect on 4 wheel discs.

It depends on the gear ratio. With stock like gears it's not an issue but guys with dual gear boxes and such driving through the brakes with an auto is a reality.

It depends on the gear ratio. With stock like gears it's not an issue but guys with dual gear boxes and such driving through the brakes with an auto is a reality.

5.38's, 727 with manual valve body, AmsOil and I always had to bump it to N to stop....

I know. I also can drive thru my brakes. But that wasn't the question. He wanted to know about compression brakes. When I drive thru the brakes, I just kick it into neutral. It's only a problem when I'm in low (or in compound low) range. It's always worse when the engine is in open-loop warmup mode, as it idles a bit higher then.