• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

AX-15 5 speed to AW4 questions

JOOP

I WON a COOKIE
I'm doing a conversion very soon. I picked up a 96 XJ AW4, got the flexplate. shifters all the stuff. Anyways will my starter work or do I need to get a starter for a 96 auto XJ?

Don't know about the starter but dump the factory controls for a shift controller from RADesignsproducts.com. Rory makes some cool shiat. I have his controller in my truck. :D

Don't know about the starter but dump the factory controls for a shift controller from RADesignsproducts.com. Rory makes some cool shiat. I have his controller in my truck. :D

I'm getting the baja shifter :D That's already in the plan. Just gotta sell off my AX-15.

Is it necessary to have the TV cable hooked up or is that just for kickdown under throttle. I'm going to be running a baja shifter. So down shifting will be done by me?

Downshifting was handled by the computer reading the throttle position. All the tv cable does is act as a pressure switch. More throttle, more pressure for firmer and quicker shifts. You can pull it out and lock it down but it will boot even at partial throttle.

The TVS cable works backwards. The looser the cable, the higher it revs till it upshifts. Tight cable makes for low speed upshifts.
Yes, the starter is the same (Swapped my BA 10/5 for an AW4) CPS may be different.

The TVS cable works backwards. The looser the cable, the higher it revs till it upshifts. Tight cable makes for low speed upshifts.
Yes, the starter is the same (Swapped my BA 10/5 for an AW4) CPS may be different.

That didn't answer my question :redneck:

I don't think you can remove it totally, but you can clamp it in one position, and adjust it until you like the shift timing.