• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

axels question need ford guys help ???????

tennessee_4x4_man

found 2 ford 3/4 tons they got that ****ed up i call sisor frount axel but one has looks like the sterlings rear 8 lug ff and the other is a dana 60 70 80 or 1000 i have no idea about fords and parts both trucks are like 84 or 85 f 250s can any one tell me if the dana is worth useing

Re:

Is the rear Dana axle semi or full float?

Probably not a 70 or 80 with the TTB front axle.

The axle shafts front the TTB front axle are good to make driveshaft parts from, because they are 1350 u joints.

Some guys on Pirate use the TTB front axle or some stuff, not sure I would sink money into once personally. The rear axle should be a Sterling 10.25 if in fact it is coming out of a 2fiddy. 10.5 were in the F-350 as far as I know. Both had 35 spline shafts.

Re: Re: axels question need ford guys help ???????

sledneck said:
Some guys on Pirate use the TTB front axle or some stuff, not sure I would sink money into once personally. The rear axle should be a Sterling 10.25 if in fact it is coming out of a 2fiddy. 10.5 were in the F-350 as far as I know. Both had 35 spline shafts.
Sterling 10.25/10.5 are the same axle and came in 250s and 350s. Just early-late version. Late 90s the Sterling got updated and "became" a 10.5"

There is a Sterling 9.75 that came in 5.4 F150s and light duty 250s. They are all semi float and either 5 lug or 7lug (later versions are 6lug) all metric bolt circle.

Im thinking mid year 85 is when the sterlings came into play. Before them the 3/4 tons had dana 60s. Some full float and some semi. But dont quote me on that. Not a 100% sure.

thanks for the replys i pretty shure in a ff the axel shafts un bolts from the hub on the rear and it got a dana cover i was not shure if it was a 60 or a 70 axels tubs looked bigger than 3 inchs i will take some picts