• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

Axle Shaft opinions

bushhog750

I'm building a 14 Bolt front and looking for opinions on axle shafts. I've bought Solid inner C's and Knuckles. I'm limited to 40 spline 300m superior shafts with ctm joints or 30/35 spline 300m Rcv. I can't run a 40 spline rcv with Solid Knuckles. What's yalls opinions on strength on each. They both cost about the same money. I was dead set on rcv but now I'm having second thoughts realizing I could go to 40 spline by going with Superior axles. You guys thoughts?

I've thought about big knuckles and unless something changes financially they just aren't in the works right now. I'm not poor but I just can't spend $2000.00 or more right now on big knuckles. I've got money flying out of my account from so many places right now on other parts I just can't commit to that right now.

Good question. Was wondering the same thing myself, but I'm using stock 60 c's. I'm going to run the 300m rcv 30/35. Should hold up fine as long as the rig isn't too heavy I would think...

Since superior is out of business i'm gonna guess you're getting Foote axle shafts? If that is the case are you sure they are 300m?

I ran 35 spline superior 4340 shafts with ctm joints and twisted a outer and inner. Then i went to 300m ctm shafts and been good so far.

Also, i would look into ouverson's joints. I've rebuilt my CTM's twice and I've heard from a couple ultra 4 racers that the ouverson's last longer.

I was talking to Scott at Sunfire and he actually was the one that mentioned the superior axles in 40 spline. But then he said it would be harder to get replacements if I did break one. I basically asked scott which would be stronger between the 300m rcv or 300m superior/Foote 40 spline and he said he didn't know really that both were very good axles and he liked them both. I just can't decide.

If you're stuck with the smaller C then I'd go 300M RCV. Best warranty and customer service in the business.