• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

AZ Snow wheelin in April?

Symon623

Its a Hybrid
Yep, we got on of your storms down here and we dubbed the last hurrah snow wheelin trip..... again, no tnearly as deep as your snow but hey, we'll take what we can get........ in 2wd.

P1080438.jpg

P1080447.jpg

Since our plans got cancelled due to mother nature throwin us a winter storm in April we decided to go up to the cabin to greet this storm and have a little fun in it.......

Headin up the highway to our planned trail ride;
P1080408.jpg

We stoppped in Pine because my wipers kept getting frozen up and not cleaning the windshield;
P1080409.jpg

We made our destination to find some good fresh snow, even though only a foot or so it was fun to play in in 2wd most of the time;
P1080410.jpg

P1080411.jpg

We made a few wrong turns and finally found the road we were lookin for and made our way to the tip of Milk Ranch Point...... Typically the view from here is awesome;
SA400213.jpg

Was not to be today;
P1080419.jpg

P1080420.jpg

P1080422.jpg

We stopped for a break and then worked our way back out;
P1080421.jpg

P1080423.jpg

P1080424.jpg

On the way back out my wipers were frozen up again so we made another stop;
P1080425.jpg

P1080426.jpg

We found another road that had no tracks on it and we knew where it would come out so we hit it;
P1080427.jpg

P1080428.jpg

P1080430.jpg

P1080432.jpg

P1080433.jpg

After lunch we bcaktracked back to the 300 road and opted to take it back to the highway. We went up the road a mile or so and found our first of what would be many "obstacles" I cleared the snow off of it to see if there were any branches that would take out a side wall and it looked ok to go over....... since I only aired down to 15 this proved to be my demise........ after a half dozen failed attempts to get over this little bastard I resort to stacking (I was gonna put the strap around it but found these), not rocks but water diversion worms.........
P1080449.jpg

P1080450.jpg

It still took a few attempts to get over it with some momentum....... frozen down trees are pretty damn slippery, just ask Wayne....... :haha:

It didn't take long and we were on our next down tree. We quickly made our way over this one without any stacking of any kind and it didnt take long before we were on another one. Of course the one time I dont bring the chain saw........

This one was elevated and had many more branches so I went straigh to the strap with this one;

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IzyrgW7C1Rs

We got around this one and moved on to the next one, this one was gonn abe a little more work....... Or turn around, which we thought about but I wanted to try the strap a couple of times just to see....... this tree was larger, longer and was wedged between two other trees next to the road so we werent sure we were gonna have any luck here;

P1080453.jpg

P1080454.jpg

It was rather funny that I would pull the tree and it would flex then spring back and pull me back with it..... even when I was in reverse.......... mind you I didnt want to hit it too hard cos if/when the tree would break free then I was goin backwards over the edge as you see here, it was a close call.......

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=m8rmQSDD4UI

P1080462.jpg

P1080463.jpg

From here we just cruised the few miles back to the highway and headed back home....... was a great "plan B" trip to go out and play with mother nature and get on last snow run in........ Thanks TC and Donna for comin out with us....... had a blast.

Mt/r kevlars Vs Pitbull rocker in the snow. what are your thought Sy?

The snow wasnt very deep, it was snowing so the traction was awesome, i was at 16 PSI and he was at 20....... Not a very good way to compare.

I do feel my MTRk's will bulge better in the deep stuff even though his are 13.50's